Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-24-2015, 06:25 AM
Senior Server Guide

Windows 8 by chance? Afew suggestions in this thread:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=175664

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fame View Post
Aussie last seen nerfing troll shaman with gm powers in oasis on blue server. Red as fuck.
Old 03-24-2015, 07:20 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Can't get past the EQemu linkage. I linkled it and confirmed via email, now I am again prompted to enter the EQemu login and email. If I do so, I am told it's already linked. If I skip it and go to phone verification, I can skip or complete it. In any way I get redirected back to EQemu linkage step.

The getting started guide said that EQemu account is not mandatory. In reality one can't register with or without it. This is frustrating.

This may be the test of patience before the actual game, assuming EQ players are hardcore bunch. BUT it is not enjoeyable at all. You'd better fix it or make it easier for new users to register.
Old 03-24-2015, 05:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beldan4 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
heh well it was nice while it lasted.....click play and it starts to load and....

the instruction at 0x02a745b4 referenced memory at 0x0381f0d4. the memory could not be read

Crash!

Easy fix, my friend.

Try the instructions listed in #1 of the Frequently asked questions:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94928
Quote:
1. Help! When I try to run eq, at some point before entering the game, I get an error that looks something like this:
The instruction at 0x029110ce referenced memory at 0xfffffffc. The memory could not be read

This solution to this is actually very simple. Go to your EQ folder. Find the file eqclient.ini and open it in a text editor (i use notepad, its the simplest to use)

hit ctrl+f, type windowedwidth, you should see something like this:

WindowedWidth=1280
WindowedHeight=768
Width=1280
Height=768
FullscreenBitsPerPixel=32
FullscreenRefreshRate=0
WidthWindowed=1280
HeightWindowed=768

change it to this:

WindowedWidth=800
WindowedHeight=600
Width=800
Height=600
FullscreenBitsPerPixel=32
FullscreenRefreshRate=0
WidthWindowed=800
HeightWindowed=600

I'm using 800 x 600 here, but you may need to fiddle with that a bit. If 800 x 600 isnt working, try using your monitors native resolution instead. Eventually, you will get a combination that works, just keep trying.
If you stay calm, are patient, and willing to communicate with us, you will get this working and will be playing the game.
Old 03-24-2015, 05:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can't get past the EQemu linkage. I linkled it and confirmed via email, now I am again prompted to enter the EQemu login and email. If I do so, I am told it's already linked. If I skip it and go to phone verification, I can skip or complete it. In any way I get redirected back to EQemu linkage step.

The getting started guide said that EQemu account is not mandatory. In reality one can't register with or without it. This is frustrating.

This may be the test of patience before the actual game, assuming EQ players are hardcore bunch. BUT it is not enjoeyable at all. You'd better fix it or make it easier for new users to register.
All you need to do, is go to the account creation step here (be logged in when you click): http://www.eqemulator.org/account/?CreateLS
Old 03-24-2015, 06:02 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Done that.
Unfortunately, I came up with that after re-trying p1999's registration for 10 minutes and reading forum topics. Why misguide new users with wrong registration manual?
Old 03-25-2015, 07:27 AM
Sarnak

well I feel UTTERY stupid. "window's 7 compatibility" was all it took. I need wacked by ugly troll stick for such a personal dum dum.