Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 09:23 PM
Banned

Item loot is not fun, spend more time bagging your valuables and avoiding pvp than actually contesting shit. Coin loot + losing the contested mob is enough of an incentive plus bragging rights.

Pls open a pvp server rogean !
Old 03-18-2011, 04:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There *may* be another server for classic only, but it will probably be pvp, and it also won't allow boxing.

Keyword: "may be"
classic pvp only = casters rejoice!

Mitic (Human Wizard or Mage tbd) owning you all, in may.. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-18-2011, 06:39 AM
Planar Protector

Mitic will still roll a ranger even on a pvp server... because he's cool.

I enchant things...
Old 03-18-2011, 07:19 AM
Kobold

Kunark's not even out yet and people are already clamouring for a new classic server.

Yo dawg I heard you like classic servers so I made a classic server of your classic server so you can classic EQ instead of classic EQ.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:45 AM
Fire Giant

it is apparent that people lose sight of the fact that there are many, many users on the server who have been putting time in on their play characters who don't care about the fact that they missed out on getting the items which no longer drop or that there are players with a ton of plat etc. I fall into that category as does my wife who recently started playing. P1999 is her first experience playing Everquest and she's really enjoying herself, having leveled up her character to 16 recently. A server wipe would be a huge disappointment to her as all of that work would be gone. We don't have a whole lot of time to play (work, kids, etc) so the couple of hours which we can dedicate to play each night is precious.
Don't get me wrong, I do love fresh server starts a lot. It has a completely different feel compared to older, established servers and I would jump an the opportunity to play on one however I think that at present, it would be best to leave the current server population as is and roll through the remaining expansions, tuning and bug fixing along the way. Once Velious is out and Nilbog is comfortable with the bug situation, a new server would be a great idea. This way, everyone can experience classic on a relatively bug-free server where loot, game mechanics, etc. are as they should be. I suspect that this is the plan (at least that's what I would do and it makes the most sense).
-----------------------
Old 03-18-2011, 09:03 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Who ever said anything about a server wipe?

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 03-18-2011, 09:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who ever said anything about a server wipe?
Why, none other than your right-hand man and the trusted liaison between staff and community: Pokemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What if we wiped this box before the Kunark release for a fresh start?
And of course once someone mentions Server Wipe or PvP we can be sure that people will quickly take it as gospel truth and start pulling out their hair in fear or excitement.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extunarian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why, none other than your right-hand man and the trusted liaison between staff and community: Pokemon
Prince, resident "Tbh"'er, seconded the motion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not a bad idea- would give everyone an equal chance, would bring lots of players who quit back, and would be a good opportunity to attract new players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

I heard the new server is going to give out free cookies, milk and epics at level 1.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:47 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The server should handle that number without a hitch.
I wasn't worried about the hardware side.. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm talking about the amount of rage, bs, and general asshattery coming soon to spawns and petition queues near you. close your eyes and imagine bringing back the mana stone on the evil eye. Now multiply that by dozens of spawns. And i'm not even gonna bring up key mobs and raid targets..

For heavens sake, even enforced mandatory there was like 200 on beta and druids were running to crypt from zone in without invis on.

Multiply that x7.5 or x12.5 and you'll get what i'm hinting at. And ffs at least 1/3 of mandatory beta's population was afk in EC tunnel.. Just trust me, any semblance of peace and harmony and mere sanity is going to require a split server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Last edited by Bubbles; 03-18-2011 at 10:54 AM..
Closed Thread