Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 09:27 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexorile [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
or if they would have an issue with people taking out ads on their behalf?
I'm not sure what the Daybreak agreement entails. I'm certain there's at least a few people here who have read the entire thing who know more about it. Having said that, I don't see anything wrong with people going to Reddit or Facebook or wherever and personally advertising that they're playing the game, if you want to do that. There's no way that can be a breach of agreement, as you're not affiliated with the staff. Maybe that makes it OK to pay for advertising on a site like Zam? As long as it's coming out of your pocket? I'm honestly not sure how the legality works there.

I agree that new players are the backbone here. Whenever I replace some gear I'll run through GFay and hand out old stuff / plat / buffs to newbies that want it. I'm not sure if this helps at all with any kind of new player retention, but I know I appreciated the Wraith Bone Hammer I was given as a newbie. If I hadn't gotten it, I'd have played the hell out of this game anyway, but it was still helpful.
Old 01-09-2018, 01:46 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really do need to limit players to a single character and account though. This is a no boxing server after all. Shouldn't be able to juggle around toons for raids or groups. Just gotta have your one toon and no guild owned Mages or Clerics or necros. Just your main and that's it. Would be great.
That's not classic though

Bazlekar - 30 [Dark Elf SHD]
Old 01-09-2018, 01:52 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cloth? Raw-hide? Bronze?

Rust is iron oxide, formed when iron reacts with moisture and oxygen from it's environment.
Bronze contains no iron, it is an alloy of copper and tin (and a few other metals such as zinc, but these are usually minor additions, the major constituents do not vary) so cannot form rust.

He must be naked equipping only a Rusty Axe and considering that clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really do need to limit players to a single character and account though. This is a no boxing server after all. Shouldn't be able to juggle around toons for raids or groups. Just gotta have your one toon and no guild owned Mages or Clerics or necros. Just your main and that's it. Would be great.
That's not classic though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulz~Sect [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The thought of this ever happening if a new server ever launched is just wow 😮
Yeah everyone would be so pissed theyd quit playing

Bazlekar - 30 [Dark Elf SHD]
Old 01-09-2018, 02:06 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicAdventure [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Obvious answer; Join Auld Lange. the population and stability of the server is its main asset. A reset or new server is dangerous proposition because if half the population left server would be dead and classic over.
I have to agree with this. I played from 1999-2002 and came back to P99 at the end of October. As a player with previous experience, I was still a newbie and overwhelmed. Instead of taking the time to really dive deep into the game, I made the mad rush to accumulate bone chips, silks, etc... to sell in EC so that I could save up and buy gear. Looking back, I spent way too much time in the EC tunnel bartering and trying to sell my crappy wares instead of questing, traveling, and earning my equipment. To me, THIS is what classic EQ is about. Not until I joined ALS a week and a half ago with a new character did I really begin to enjoy the game and slow down a lot. There's no reason to rush in order to get to end game content.

"The point of the journey is not to arrive." - Neil Peart
Old 01-09-2018, 02:25 PM
Fire Giant

Bonus points for quoting Neil Peart.
Old 01-09-2018, 02:33 PM
Kobold

This is always something that sounds good in theory or self-serving way. But the reality is with the number of people who know about P99 at this point and speed at which lots of players can fly through this game, i doubt it would take more than a 6 months(depending expansion release schedules) to get back near this level just with different item availability/pricing.

With Everquest your best bet is to make your game within the game, which is something EQ does a great job at.

Old 01-09-2018, 02:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is always something that sounds good in theory or self-serving way. But the reality is with the number of people who know about P99 at this point and speed at which lots of players can fly through this game, i doubt it would take more than a 6 months(depending expansion release schedules) to get back near this level just with different item availability/pricing.

With Everquest your best bet is to make your game within the game, which is something EQ does a great job at.
QFT
queef
fart
timbre
Old 01-09-2018, 03:11 PM
Banned

Play in our world
Fap in yours
Old 01-10-2018, 12:57 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always said this server should progress slowly (at first, they were trying to stick to the timeline) and drop rates should have been halved.

People starving for new grind
If people are starving for a new grind then they have low goals and that's their own fault for giving up when there is more to achieve. Granted there are ppl on this server that have been here for longer than me and accomplished more. But there are 14 classes and aside from maybe snackies I know of very few ppl that have all or even close to all at 60.

However not everyone likes alts or having 1 toon I understand this I myself am much more attached to say my enc or shm than I ever could be to say a cleric (nothing against clerics I just can't stand not being able to solo things) but even only investing into 1 or 2 chars is alot of work. Setting up recharges (if your guild doesn't provide) getting clickies, plat, and better gear and with that will eventually come raid window camping If you have the stomach for it

So that's just it if your starving in eq then you've eaten only what you want to eat and whining that the rest of the food doesn't interest you
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 01-10-2018, 01:32 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxplay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If people are starving for a new grind then they have low goals and that's their own fault for giving up when there is more to achieve. Granted there are ppl on this server that have been here for longer than me and accomplished more. But there are 14 classes and aside from maybe snackies I know of very few ppl that have all or even close to all at 60.

However not everyone likes alts or having 1 toon I understand this I myself am much more attached to say my enc or shm than I ever could be to say a cleric (nothing against clerics I just can't stand not being able to solo things) but even only investing into 1 or 2 chars is alot of work. Setting up recharges (if your guild doesn't provide) getting clickies, plat, and better gear and with that will eventually come raid window camping If you have the stomach for it

So that's just it if your starving in eq then you've eaten only what you want to eat and whining that the rest of the food doesn't interest you
very true.
Closed Thread