Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 03:24 PM
Kobold

all those people at once...server would crash...even now I have seen that once we get around 900 to 1000 players it sometimes gets a little choppy latency in EC...

but then again thats EC.....Server runs on donations to pay for bandwidth...of which I plan to do very soon, otherwise this wouldnt exist at all
Old 09-29-2010, 07:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh good Lord.

::Server Crashes or Lags::

"OMG VERANT IS SO STUPID"
"OMG I TOOK OFF WORK TO PLAY TODAY THANKS VERANT U SUCK"
"OMG WHEN WILL THE SERVER BE BACK UP THIS IS SO STUPID"

That's what I remember from big-release days - a bit of lag and maybe a few tech problems and nerds going ballistic because everything wasn't perfect.
lol those were the days.

Serious ups to the gms and devs here.. it's not even that p99 is so incredibly more stable than live was.. it's incredibly more stable than the other emus are, too. On some of the other servers it was pretty common to see up to 1/3 of a raid force LD during big fights, not the case here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:11 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We've had only one zone crash since the 22nd, which was due to a missing sanity check that is now fixed for next patch. When this server first started, we got maybe half a dozen zone crashes a day.

We continue to make efforts to optimize the code. The base EQEmu code has loads of unnecessary calls and inefficient programming that I've worked extensively on revamping.

In addition to that we don't run this shit on an atari 2600 on a 28k modem!

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 09-30-2010, 08:12 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We've had only one zone crash since the 22nd, which was due to a missing sanity check that is now fixed for next patch. When this server first started, we got maybe half a dozen zone crashes a day.

We continue to make efforts to optimize the code. The base EQEmu code has loads of unnecessary calls and inefficient programming that I've worked extensively on revamping.

In addition to that we don't run this shit on an atari 2600 on a 28k modem!
This is not classic.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is not classic.
Haha, classic line *wink wink*
Old 09-30-2010, 09:13 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trying to get in the "GM's pocket," are we?
Is that a player in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?
What you want is the First Time EQ Experience all over again. It's understandable, everyone that experienced it knows what it was like. But, and I want you to absorb this, IT WILL NEVER BE THE SAME. Not ever. No matter how hard you try.

I hope you find what you're looking for, but it will never be the way you want it, even if they were able to make it 100% exactly like it was at launch.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is that a player in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?
lol.

I just remembered that same person saying some snide things about certain guilds and certain people getting favoritism because they had "Gm's in their pocket," and thought their comment here was kind of an about face from that...At least some of the disgruntled rebels on this server are consistent...

Figured I'd poke at them and see if they'd provide any explanation. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:15 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Oh good Lord.

::Server Crashes or Lags::

"OMG VERANT IS SO STUPID"
"OMG I TOOK OFF WORK TO PLAY TODAY THANKS VERANT U SUCK"
"OMG WHEN WILL THE SERVER BE BACK UP THIS IS SO STUPID"

That's what I remember from big-release days - a bit of lag and maybe a few tech problems and nerds going ballistic because everything wasn't perfect.
Thats my memory too...

I wish I could find it somewhere, but there was a cartoon that was circulated.. Was a dog, sitting on a desk, Variant logo in the background... and one of the guys in front of the desk, said 'Let me introduce our new mascott, Patches.. '

Ive searched high and low for the cartoon again.. but have not found it again in recent years.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:10 PM
Sarnak

New record, or is it just me?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-30-2010, 04:19 PM
Sarnak

^ i just don't see how folks can stand to play on EZ server. I made a char there and deleted him after lvl 5. It was too too easy. Took all of the thrill and uncertainty out of playing EQ. Glad I stuck with P1999. GF and I having a blast.