Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

My testing with static spawns appears OK ("Classic"). It's more about distance-from-mob than time.

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology
Old 06-13-2011, 02:42 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
as a necro, i'm not getting a "your enemies have forgotten about you" message, ever. Also, after a successful FD I /q'ed out because of said problem, and came back dead in the middle of TT where i am bound, promptly was aggroed by a mob, and died again.
Time-based aggro clear wasn't implemented until much later.

Fixed, pending update:

The issue where you DOT a mob -> FD -> /q, then come back either oom or dead.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auelin_ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Loading... please wait"

I can't wait.
It was the life of a raiding monk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:27 PM
Planar Protector

Did mob pathing after feign get fixed at all? Fixing feign death without fixing the mob behavior really screws with peoples abilities to function.

In classic, if you snared a mob and then feigned that mob would stay where it was when you feigned until the snare wore off or somebody reagro'd.

When mobs returned to their spawn point (if static) they'd immediately clear their list and not reago once you stood up.

Mobs in general would stand around longer then they do now before pathing back, and rarely would path back at the same time.

Without fixes to these mechanics, giving mobs feign-memory really borks the ability to pull properly.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 06-13-2011, 04:37 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
as a necro, i'm not getting a "your enemies have forgotten about you" message, ever. Also, after a successful FD I /q'ed out because of said problem, and came back dead in the middle of TT where i am bound, promptly was aggroed by a mob, and died again.
This is an issue. On this server /q while FD changes your status to be like sitting/standing. On live you could /q out safely even with dots on mobs without any issue, if the fd memory is causing them to come after you on p99 it needs fixing. /q was always the guaranteed way to have every mob forget you when you logged back in.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Versus

Never-ending agro on roamers = not classic...more research to come.

Kolored on Red.

Old 06-13-2011, 04:47 PM
Kobold

I did some test with my necro.

Actually, with FD spell, yu can t lose agro. I stayed FD 10mn, no dots on mobs, and i never lost agro.

I had to /q to clear agro list.

I think its not classic, its a bug with the spell. Monk don t have this problem.

Peace.
Last edited by dragolyche; 06-13-2011 at 05:34 PM..
Old 06-13-2011, 06:03 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Please keep in mind that while there are some bugs, it is intended that you will only have a 30% chance to drop aggro on a mob when you stand up (100% if the mob is a static spawn that has returned to it's guard spot). This is classic.

Certain bugs we will investigate such as /q changing your feign status and snared mobs trying to return home.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 06-13-2011, 06:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragolyche [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did some test with my necro.

Actually, with FD spell, yu can t lose agro. I stayed FD 10mn, no dots on mobs, and i never lost agro.
Pretty sure it's not based on duration judging from previous comments.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:17 PM
Fire Giant

What is not classic is the fact when you feign death a second time for a split the mobs all instantly return home. The fd instant aggro clear balanced that out, but if you put in the classic and correct 30pct chance etc that you mention, what needs to be fixed is the fact that mobs should not be instantly all walking back to spawn points. Those combined ruin feign death.
Closed Thread