Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 01:35 PM
Fire Giant

Sounds like city of mist, with all the free for all mobs in between temple and stables
Old 03-12-2018, 02:51 PM
Banned

GMs don't need to talk to anyone, they have logs. If you guys were continually 'accidently' tagging mobs at the 'same time' then its a simple log review and then swift justice is doled out. I would think it much more likely that your friend was engaged in a /tell war where he was being a complete c#nt to the other party.

Server rules like this are good so that a small cliques of players cant move in and bully an area with super aggressive play.

Been playing here for years now and never been suspended even once and I play mainly puller classes. Your friend f#cked up somehow
Old 03-12-2018, 02:52 PM
Banned

Also please post all names that are involved in this incident.
Old 03-12-2018, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

This whole thread is useless and meaningless without knowledge of what camp, what mobs, and screenshots / logs.
Old 03-12-2018, 03:11 PM
Fire Giant

OP is trying so hard to not turn it into (yet another) backfire RnF thread it is quite funny xD

The "friend" was obviously sluring, cursing, etc. somewhere in say/ooc/tell and got suspended. He was not "not allowed to speak", he just happened to had spoken already more than enough to warrant a little break. GMs can read what you write you know ^^;

That being said, I'm not sure I like the mob justice mentality "tell us the names right now" ... this is some scary fascist stuff right there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

OP, either you didn't want to drag this out and you should have kept it to a GM-You interaction, or you want to make a topic about "what do we want from the GMs" without linking any story to it. The stupid in-between you did and now your constant trying to make it an open discussion instead of a backfire thread is not helping at all o_o

Maybe be a good friend and take a break with him! See you again soon /o/
Old 03-12-2018, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

Arrow

Discover This One Crazy Trick to Not Get Banned While Pulling!!

[spoiler]Dont attack engaged mobs![/quote]
Old 03-12-2018, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

aww poo, I failed.
Old 03-12-2018, 03:25 PM
Kobold

I'm with them. What zone and what camp will probably be enlightening
Old 03-12-2018, 03:44 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
GMs don't need to talk to anyone, they have logs. If you guys were continually 'accidently' tagging mobs at the 'same time' then its a simple log review and then swift justice is doled out. I would think it much more likely that your friend was engaged in a /tell war where he was being a complete c#nt to the other party.

Server rules like this are good so that a small cliques of players cant move in and bully an area with super aggressive play.

Been playing here for years now and never been suspended even once and I play mainly puller classes. Your friend f#cked up somehow
Hey, sorry to slow down on replies... I'm at work.

This was seafuries in OOT. We realize it isn't something you can claim, so we didn't try to. We're happy to scout out and pull what we find up and untagged. I personally don't even pull when I see someone running up to it with the intention of pulling.

It wasn't repeatedly pulling. It was a single pull that was contested that started a flurry of angry messages directed at my friend. We did not think it could possibly result in any disciplinary action, so we did not worry about it. He did threaten to petition us, and apparently we need to take those threats more seriously. We incorrectly assumed that GMs would read the conversation and realize the petitioner was making a fuss over nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP is trying so hard to not turn it into (yet another) backfire RnF thread it is quite funny xD

The "friend" was obviously sluring, cursing, etc. somewhere in say/ooc/tell and got suspended. He was not "not allowed to speak", he just happened to had spoken already more than enough to warrant a little break. GMs can read what you write you know ^^;

That being said, I'm not sure I like the mob justice mentality "tell us the names right now" ... this is some scary fascist stuff right there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

OP, either you didn't want to drag this out and you should have kept it to a GM-You interaction, or you want to make a topic about "what do we want from the GMs" without linking any story to it. The stupid in-between you did and now your constant trying to make it an open discussion instead of a backfire thread is not helping at all o_o

Maybe be a good friend and take a break with him! See you again soon /o/
As far as I know, all of the angry tells were directed at my friend and he claims to have responded reasonably... direct but relatively polite relative to what was being said to him.

I do agree nothing will come of the thread without posting evidence. We're waiting for a formal response from the GMs to figure out why he was even suspended. From our point of view, it doesn't make any sense at all. No matter who is in the wrong, people should be given some reason and chance to explain their point of view instead of having GMs take action on one side of a story.
Old 03-12-2018, 03:44 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Oops, *can't claim*.
Closed Thread