Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 10:47 PM
Fire Giant

Default Faction Question for Roleplayers - Min Maxers Need Not Apply

Couple of questions regarding faction:

Can a Human Bertoxx Cleric walk around Ak Anon freely and buy and sell?

Can a Human Rallos Zek Bard enter the Qeynos Catacombs?
Old 11-28-2018, 10:49 PM
Fire Giant

Not a particularly helpful response but: You can always make a level 1, take a walk, and find out.
Old 11-28-2018, 10:59 PM
Fire Giant

Yes, the bard question could be easily answered by creating a new toon, I guess, but the human bertoxx cleric in Ak Anon would be quite the run for a level one PC
Old 11-28-2018, 11:02 PM
Aviak

Human Bertox Cleric in Ak'Anon is almost certainly a yes, I have brought much more evil people to Ak'Anon that have passed through without a scratch. Ak'Anon is considered a neutral city, and is pretty tolerant, like Freeport. Humans also in general get a huge pass with good/neutral cities.

Rallos Zek Bard with the Bloodsabers I would guess probably not, but only a guess.
Old 11-28-2018, 11:20 PM
Fire Giant

Only marginally related to OP's questions -- A Dark Elf Necromancer or Shadowknight can get into Ak Anon's Dark Reflection guild area (using invis through the city up to that point) to use the merchants as well as train (for the necromancer) from the guild masters there. BUT!!! A wandering decaying skeleton that paths through the vendors and guild masters will aggro you (for not being a gnome, I guess) and the moment he swings at your Dark Elf, the necromancer guild masters will take offense and end your life on the spot. Been there, had it happen.

This is absolutely not classic but it's how P1999 currently has that part of the zone. So while your Human cleric of Uncle Berty might be friendly with the vendors and guild masters there, the wandering decaying might ruin your day. Good luck.
Old 11-29-2018, 12:15 AM
Planar Protector

A human sk of Bertoxxulous is kos in ak'anon, so cleric, unsure but I suspect it can be kos... There's definitely the mine of malfunction inside that is a Bertoxxulous guild so you definitely won't be kos in this part, need an invis to reach it through.
Old 11-29-2018, 11:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only marginally related to OP's questions -- A Dark Elf Necromancer or Shadowknight can get into Ak Anon's Dark Reflection guild area (using invis through the city up to that point) to use the merchants as well as train (for the necromancer) from the guild masters there. BUT!!! A wandering decaying skeleton that paths through the vendors and guild masters will aggro you (for not being a gnome, I guess) and the moment he swings at your Dark Elf, the necromancer guild masters will take offense and end your life on the spot. Been there, had it happen.

This is absolutely not classic but it's how P1999 currently has that part of the zone. So while your Human cleric of Uncle Berty might be friendly with the vendors and guild masters there, the wandering decaying might ruin your day. Good luck.
Did you find sources on that / bug report?
Old 11-29-2018, 12:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you find sources on that / bug report?
In my heart, I wasn't absolutely certain it was a bug due to the era. I recall playing a Dark Elf necromancer during Kunark and using Gather Shadows to enter the Mines of Malfunction to pick up level 12 spells while getting experience in Faydwer. Going off of memory, no decaying skeletons or rats or other mobs would path through the evil cleric / necromancer guild area, so I had no issues with buying or selling or using the gnome guild masters, the evil cleric guild masters included (they were indiff or better to me).

The issue here on P1999 is that we have spawn points and pathing that is absolutely not classic and I can't harp on the server staff too hard because it was a hell of a long time ago and we don't have archived info for much of that. Nearly all of the Kunark outdoor zones are incorrect, with Lake of Ill Omen and Swamp of No Hope being the big bones of contention with most players here (myself included). The Hole entrance earth elementals are spawned too close together and can't be single pulled like they could be on old retail. I could go on with other examples, like the Steamfont skeleton spawns being incorrect, etc. You get my point.

I don't absolutely know that the decaying skeletons on old retail weren't KOS to non gnomes because again, on old retail they weren't in the immediate area of the vendors.
Old 11-29-2018, 12:39 PM
Kobold

Ak'Anon clockwork guard/guide/spider faction (King Ak`Anon faction) started KoS to my agnostic dark elf rogue, as did the caster guild. Outside guards there are on the warrior guild faction and are not representative of most guards inside the city.

Human Rallos Zek bard will be safe in 90% of the catacombs (if you can fight the wildlife off) and will likely be murdered by the evil guilds in their area; but apart from wandering level 2 skeleton Ronn Castekin, you have to go into their special area to find any of them. You'll know it's not safe for your bard if he goes through a fake wall and the walls on the other side are covered in evil looking reddish runes. Level 30 Argyn Shieldstan wanders close to the "entrance" of that area so don't explore it, but he won't wander through the fake walls into the sewers proper.
Old 11-29-2018, 09:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Hole entrance earth elementals are spawned too close together and can't be single pulled like they could be on old retail.
This is an interesting one. I always remember the elementals pulling in pairs (opposite each other/LOS), but now I'm questioning myself.