Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

Default What a lowbie has to go through when asking for a buff!

Ironically, I had just spent the last 3 hours making banded armor and buffing tunnel lowbies on my druid prior to logging on my lvl 5 necro to XP a little bit before bed.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Big shout out to Bouffalo who sowed and gave regens to anyone who asked and didn't turn into a melted puddle of dumb. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also, if sitting on the tunnel floor is "busy," then yes this caster was really busy.
Old 01-03-2018, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

He really schooled you, didn't he.
Old 01-03-2018, 03:42 PM
Banned

To be fair, it is super obnoxious to be begged for buffs all the time. When I’m on my shammy it’s like oh god leave me alone.
Old 01-03-2018, 03:59 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah, the noobs really wear you down after a while. At first it's like, "woohoo! clarity for everyone!" But after this 6,000th time running through EC and someone is like "c plz", and you have no idea where they are, and you're just trying to get some shit done, it's like holy shit fuck off.
Old 01-03-2018, 04:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be fair, it is super obnoxious to be begged for buffs all the time. When I’m on my shammy it’s like oh god leave me alone.
If I am on my shaman or druid in the tunnel, it never bothers me when people ask for buffs. I realize on these classes the list of requested buffs can be fairly substantial sometimes on a druid or shaman, but this fellow is an enchanter. I seriously doubt his fingers were falling off from casting Clarity non-stop for hours. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

He clearly states I should have been offering money to show my appreciation of his time casting a buff on me, and he KNEW I didn't so that's why he didn't bother casting a C in the first place.

***I tip druids for POTG regularly because I know it actually takes a ton of mana and actual time to sit and regen after casting it.

I posted this because I can only imagine an actual noob coming to this server and asking someone for a buff and getting this response. Everyone reading it knows it's an asinine response. let's just be real here, bros.
Old 01-03-2018, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

dude you're a bug. you've been on p99 for 5years? 9years? Playing EQ for 18 hours ??

And ya have to exp in Eastern fuckin Commonlands? This is your 1000000th toon and you're gonna grind the same bewshit you've done a zillion times. AND you're gona be upset about not getting -EVERY- buff you wanted?

oi vey dude, go exp somewhere fun. ec boring af anyway
Old 01-03-2018, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

I'll argue about the price of ports. But all lowbies should ask for / receive buffs. I don't care if they're level 1. Buffing in any way helps keep the population lively.

I avoid EC buffing because idk if it's the person's mule or just a honesty lowbie.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 01-03-2018, 04:08 PM
Aviak

My favorite people are the hailers. They see me on my Druid or Shaman and just run up and hail me... Then they just stand there staring at me like I am a fucking vending machine that isn't working.

A) I am not a mind reader, and though I can generally guess what buffs you want, if you can't be bothered to ask for what you want in a polite way, then I can't be bothered to give you shit.

2) Just because a person doesn't immediately start buffing you the moment you hail them doesn't mean they are ignoring you... they might just be *gasps* AFK! Came back to my keyboard to find 3 hails and a fucking tyrade in tells about being "the reason P99 sucks etc."

D) Nobody owes you shit.

(1 I am bad at lists.
Old 01-03-2018, 04:11 PM
Fire Giant

This is kind of hard for me to fathom. Being a druid myself, I can't think of a single time I've turned anyone away who has asked for a buff. The only exception being maybe when I was already porting out with a fare in hand.

I'll be happy to pass out PotG when I reach 60 as well, only because I know what a boon it can be to any class. My DAP mates seem to pass it out like hotcakes some days, which I am eternally thankful for.

I get the annoyance of constantly being asked for buffs, but if you're in the EC tunnel just sitting on your ass and reading /auction like it's some sort of stock market graph, you can probably spare a couple seconds to type /target <name> and press the "4" or "5" button on your keyboard.
Old 01-03-2018, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan D [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
dude you're a bug. you've been on p99 for 5years? 9years? Playing EQ for 18 hours ??

And ya have to exp in Eastern fuckin Commonlands? This is your 1000000th toon and you're gonna grind the same bewshit you've done a zillion times. AND you're gona be upset about not getting -EVERY- buff you wanted?

oi vey dude, go exp somewhere fun. ec boring af anyway
I am very upset. Dude I love my EC orcs, don't tell me where to level at I play EQ my way and I buff all lowbies who ask without expecting plats.
Closed Thread