Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 08:54 PM
Banned

Your big mistake was going to mist Moore at all. First of all the blanket exp bonus would have let you and a friend make way better exp in literally any zone that wasn't fully camped. Srcond of all MM is the most toxic zone in the game because fully autistic eq addicts will melt down over their exp polygons. Your second mistake was not naming the big baby. Shame on you.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:36 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I find your use of the term 'big baby' making me want to hunt you down IRL and break your arms and legs. You are triggering my mental illness(s)
What a big baby

Bazlekar - 30 [Dark Elf SHD]
Old 01-04-2018, 10:41 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is what's wrong with Play Nice Policy and enforced camps. People feel entitled to regular level 30 trash mobs and losing a few of them makes them go crazy.

Would be a much simpler experience if no camps existed and DPS / TrainQuest was king.
My argument with the guy in /msg was that, when he said "lower tower isn't a camp" I responded with "Well the pond wasn't either until people started to camp it". It's making Blue server dull, I'll log on any weekend night and MM is full, so then I run to Unrest and the two camp spots are full. Then a bunch of big babies complain if another person or two and myself grab a few mobs. So the only 2 zones in Faydwer which are excellent for mid-20's have a maximum capacity of 24 people, because there's only 2 "established" camps at MM and Unrest. People should stop being big babies and just play, it's not my fault you waited an hour or two for a spot at the pond. The reason you waited was cause you can't solo. I found a group and it worked out. Makes Red sound more appealing, less people and probably less babies.

Old 01-04-2018, 10:45 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The reason I'm asking is that I was poking down there the other night and there was a group of 3 players being PL'd by a 60 bard but they were being super casual about it and leaving spawns up in a group by the hallway entrance, just under the tower. I have no dog in this fight, please understand that. I was just under the impression that if you're camping a spot, you keep things dead. Or is that incorrect?
It's the only time anyones complained to me, I've camped the middle of the hallway with people before, while the Pond was already camped and nobody complained.

Also, if I hypothetically camp the lower tower OR the hallway BEFORE anyone camps the pond, what entitlement does the pond have to the 30 mobs all throughout ? I don't think it's fair to have rights to the entire hallway. I mean most camps are a very small area, look at Unrest for example. In terms of length of zone that MM pond camp is entitled to, anyone who got to the Main Room of Unrest would have rights to the FP, and most of the other camp spots around.

My main point is that the length and amount of mobs that the pond is entitled to is ridiculous, so I stood my ground that night and some big baby had to take it out of /msg and complain in /ooc.

Old 01-04-2018, 10:47 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Came here looking for mistmoore babies meme pics

Didn't read any of this
Ask and ye shall receive.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (18.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-04-2018, 11:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma1010 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also, if I hypothetically camp the lower tower OR the hallway BEFORE anyone camps the pond, what entitlement does the pond have to the 30 mobs all throughout ? I don't think it's fair to have rights to the entire hallway.
The "pond camp" is every mob around the pond, and if the group is managing to pull and kill it all sufficiently then it's their camp rightfully. The camp includes a fair number of mobs, yes but they are not fast spawning so when 6 people are sitting there, that camp isn't really supplying much of XP unless they get all the mobs.

The tunnel/hallway mobs are considered FFA by all accounts that I am aware of. You can plop yourself down in the middle of it, and no one can say you aint allowed to pull mobs there but it causes tons of interruptions to the pond group if they happen to pull from that hallway also. They or you will end up eventually training one another and people will get angry.

Most often times, pond group pulls pond mobs and hallway up to GY. Most people do not argue over taking the hallway mobs because they realize the pond doesn't supply that much XP on it's own, and most people want on the list to get in the pond group. If they actively sabotage the pond groups pulling of hallway mobs, there is a chance the pond group will not let them in the group. Politics you know.

You can feel free to sit in the middle of the hallway, just don't be surprised when some angry nerds hate you forever because you did that as a lvl 25 lowbie just trying to get some XP too.
Old 01-04-2018, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3r14k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ask and ye shall receive.
lol you should have added that baby head to a ogre or troll's body so it resembled a player seeing the OP was calling a player a "big baby."
Old 01-04-2018, 11:11 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The tunnel/hallway mobs are considered FFA by all accounts that I am aware of.
The way I've understood it was that from the pond to the graveyard was part of the pond camp, and from the graveyard to the castle entrance was the graveyard camp. This may not be "right", but it seems fair to me to only pull forward from your camp up until the next camp.
Old 01-04-2018, 11:24 AM
Fire Giant

Nubs crowding Mistmoore and arguing over mobs during XP bonus - classic

<The A-Team>
Old 01-04-2018, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3r14k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The way I've understood it was that from the pond to the graveyard was part of the pond camp, and from the graveyard to the castle entrance was the graveyard camp. This may not be "right", but it seems fair to me to only pull forward from your camp up until the next camp.
Yeah that is a misunderstanding though. The halls always been FFA. That being said, it's considered poor form to sit down in the middle of the hallway to camp the area.

It's just being respectful of GY to give them the spot between the GY and Castle, just as it's being respectful to let the pond group have the entire hallway area.

The rule is if you cannot see the mob, you cannot claim it as your camp and the fact is the hallway is not seen by the pond area group. Just as the GY cannot see the mobs in that area between the Castle and the GY.

The reason people rarely do this is because spawns are on long timers, and the XP sucks if you break the mobs up into that many groups.

Technically, a group could go sit in the middle of the hallway and camp it, just as a group could go to the spot (damnit I forget the name of it now haha) between the GY and the Castle and camp that.
Closed Thread