Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2023, 04:58 PM
Developer

1) Giant Snakes. In 1999 they dropped up to 2 giant snake fangs at a time or they could drop up to one giant fang and a poison sack together. Now you only get one fang per snake and that drop appears to be uncommon. Poison sacks are rare. You're right, giant snake fangs were too rare. I've increased their drop rate, pending update.

2) Cracked staffs. Seems those are now rare drops not only in Blackburrow, but in all the starting zones. These used to be too common on p99, but they were adjusted years ago to match classic research. There are always exceptions to mobs whom only dropped blunt weapons, but cracked staves generally shared loot tables with a long list of weapon types, thus they were not considered common.

3) Collar drops from Elite Gnolls now appear to be rare drops. These things use to rain into our backpacks. I also found these were too rare, increased drop rate pending update.

4) Pathing has changed from what I remember. Now mobs jump from ledges instead of taking the long way around like they use too. No more advantage training out using the terrain to get some distance. Pathing was recreated here so it's not going to be an exact copy from live. It's also been intentionally adjusted to avoid exploits where needed.