Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 05:16 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On the topic of DDoS'ing.. I'll say this (and I'm not confirming nor dismissing any claims right now), but think of this. If someone wanted to Dupe, they do it for personal gain.. whether to sell or whatever. If they're going to sell it, they want people playing the server to sell it to. If the DDoS'ing was entirely for the purpose of duping, then why would they only ddos (confirmed by my graphs) during prime time? They would benefit more by ddosing off prime time, duping items then, causing less inconvenience so that people aren't getting fed up, so they have more clients to sell to.

Just my immediate thoughts, so with that known I still have to consider that the DDoS is intended to hurt the population of the server as much as possible, for what reasons are still speculative.

Again, I'm not confirming nor dismissing any theories atm.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 07-23-2013, 05:17 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loly Taa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ban me
For someone who claims to know an awful lot about me and my supposed power and corruption, you really don't know shit, or you would know that I barely ever ban anyone. Even when people talk shit about me.. 0 fucks given.

If you really want that though I'm sure one of the other staff members would be happy to oblige.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 07-23-2013, 05:26 AM
Fire Giant

Is there even a solution on the horizon? I feel like this isn't being taken very seriously. Random people are sending me /tells asking if I want to buy high end items that were once scarce for "discounted prices". This ain't good
Old 07-23-2013, 05:29 AM
Kobold

Why would Rogean not give afuck?

A short story by Loly.

So one day; in a pasture betond your imagination Rogean approaches you, and ays, "HAY I SPEED A LOT"

So you do what you can for him and his problem;

(Yes, I know of this)

So you say, "I have an exploit to not get pulled over by cops,,, I AM A COP"

So Rogean gets a sticker, and then he runs this trivia event to reward the person that gave them the sticker.

Rogean has a big problem with speeding 'cause he's such a badass

He gets this sticker and nilbog knows he's giving away ingame shit in exchange for RL items.

Can you imagine what led to this? Rogean diid a trivia event, and he awarded an ingame item for a rl item (dat stickah)

Kinda funny now, but none of us can trust Rogean at all. He will give you benefits if you meet him IRL and buy him a drink like Eashan and Grimskull, and well, Rog, you wanna name the TMO I am speaking of?

Part of me says I can't keep drinking like this. The other part of me says, "Don't listen to that guy. He's drunk"
Old 07-23-2013, 05:35 AM
Kobold

Not as fucking dumb as you think I am.

Part of me says I can't keep drinking like this. The other part of me says, "Don't listen to that guy. He's drunk"
Old 07-23-2013, 05:39 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellapse20 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eashan story was old news 3 yrs ago. The story is, that Rogean gave Eashan a Tstaff AND IT HAS MADE YOU *****Z CRY FOR 3+ yrs. llolololoololololololololol Who gives a shit except you cry babies... You make your whole guild look terrible btw.

Keep your tin foil hat clean bro by the disgusting picture of you in your bedroom that is one item you need to keep wearing. These tears are just 2good.

a fucking short story over a Tstaff HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHQAHAHAHAH shit is heresay anyway which makes it 10x better
Your posts are an affront to all you dumb hillbilly.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:39 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loly Taa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why would Rogean not give afuck?

A short story by Loly.

So one day; in a pasture betond your imagination Rogean approaches you, and ays, "HAY I SPEED A LOT"

So you do what you can for him and his problem;

(Yes, I know of this)

So you say, "I have an exploit to not get pulled over by cops,,, I AM A COP"

So Rogean gets a sticker, and then he runs this trivia event to reward the person that gave them the sticker.

Rogean has a big problem with speeding 'cause he's such a badass

He gets this sticker and nilbog knows he's giving away ingame shit in exchange for RL items.

Can you imagine what led to this? Rogean diid a trivia event, and he awarded an ingame item for a rl item (dat stickah)

Kinda funny now, but none of us can trust Rogean at all. He will give you benefits if you meet him IRL and buy him a drink like Eashan and Grimskull, and well, Rog, you wanna name the TMO I am speaking of?
Wait so let me understand this.. You think I gave someone an item so I could have a sticker to put on my car?

You do realize you can buy those stickers anywhere? Online, Retail stores, etc...

I also have 0 stickers on my car. My windows are too tinted to have stickers either, you wouldn't be able to see it.. unless it was in the front window, which is useless.

Furthermore.. I got a ticket in May, that I paid online.. Why would that be the case if I had a way out of it?

You're a dumbass.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 07-23-2013, 05:42 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is also why we can't have nice things people.. any event we run that results in cool items being given out will ultimately end up with floods of tears over favoritism, and some of the craziest conspiracy stories I've seen. Why even bother, lol.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 07-23-2013, 05:42 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On the topic of DDoS'ing.. I'll say this (and I'm not confirming nor dismissing any claims right now), but think of this. If someone wanted to Dupe, they do it for personal gain.. whether to sell or whatever. If they're going to sell it, they want people playing the server to sell it to. If the DDoS'ing was entirely for the purpose of duping, then why would they only ddos (confirmed by my graphs) during prime time? They would benefit more by ddosing off prime time, duping items then, causing less inconvenience so that people aren't getting fed up, so they have more clients to sell to.

Just my immediate thoughts, so with that known I still have to consider that the DDoS is intended to hurt the population of the server as much as possible, for what reasons are still speculative.

Again, I'm not confirming nor dismissing any theories atm.
I'm an exceptionally new player (just started less than a week ago) but I've noticed the DDoS strikes happening during a time window of about 6 through 9 PM, Pacific Standard Time (I live in CA state). There's activity a bit outside of that time frame, but during those 3 hours we see it for certain.

From what was previously mentioned in the thread, the people doing the DDoS strikes seem to benefit from duping items and do so intentionally during a time when there's a lot of trading activity going on from EC, as well as having the most population at that time.

Sure, it hurts the server as it's making players disgruntled when the population is at its highest for the day - but they limit the strikes for a few hours which is enough for the large percentage of players to chalk it up and continue playing when everything's great for the remaining 20-21 hours of the day.

High reward, minimized risk, extremely minimized damage to their seller base.

At this point only a complete pants-on-head retard would buy an expensive item at EC tunnel from a low level unguilded alt as opposed to a guilded high level main character. It's in the best interest of both the buyer and seller if you crack down on deleting items with identical numbers on routine server-wide sweeps.

Let the chips fall where they may and nuke the items. Not doing so will have its own larger price to the server.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:43 AM
Sarnak

Definitely got my suspicions alerted to the other night. On a least one guild (maybe two) outfit(s) that has been hanging around in EC, and has been caught associated with RMT'ers in the past. Selling some multiple best in slot items, off their 60 toon, and having other gear significantly outside the norm for this particular guild to have.
Closed Thread