Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2019, 02:10 PM
Fire Giant

This is but one reason why part of me really does not like that the launch of the most classic server I'll ever get to play on is suddenly coming with 5x spawn rates...
Old 10-15-2019, 02:14 PM
Fire Giant

Also, everyone stop whining.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=336323
Old 10-15-2019, 02:15 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlycupcakez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t quite understand the drama
while playing beta I showed up to one of the camps with not a soul in sight and some mage 4 levels higher than me went and sat his pet right on the spawn. I asked him what he was doing and he said "I just killed the ph, it was running away". This was total bs, he was obviously killing the ph for the rabid bear and run across the zone to get the wolf ph too. This person isn't following the rules and would lose to camp if a gm was involved but it was on the beta server ffs. But yeah people are going to tag team the camp, trade it off to friends, etc... there will be drama.
Old 10-15-2019, 02:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavanyl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
while playing beta I showed up to one of the camps with not a soul in sight and some mage 4 levels higher than me went and sat his pet right on the spawn. I asked him what he was doing and he said "I just killed the ph, it was running away". This was total bs, he was obviously killing the ph for the rabid bear and run across the zone to get the wolf ph too. This person isn't following the rules and would lose to camp if a gm was involved but it was on the beta server ffs. But yeah people are going to tag team the camp, trade it off to friends, etc... there will be drama.
Yeah my apologies I was confused regarding the PnP and Protecting mobs and behavior like this.
Old 10-15-2019, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

I thnk if you have one player drag holly to the wolf, and then another player hail repededly so she wont walk away, I think holly will kill the wolf before other players can. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I am not sure if this is against the rules lol but it sounds like classic everquest to me hehe
Old 10-15-2019, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckahn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You cannot contest a static spawn that's camped.
Technically aren't outdoor zones free for all?
Old 10-15-2019, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I still want to see where someone in the first couple months of release was getting several plat for this quest, along with that neclo quest I doubt these existed early on in vanilla. People would have known about it and it would have gotten the nerf bat just like the tumpy quest within months. instead the only posts I seem to find about talking about plat are almost a year after release.
Are there posts talking about the rewards at launch?
Old 10-15-2019, 02:39 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thnk if you have one player drag holly to the wolf, and then another player hail repededly so she wont walk away, I think holly will kill the wolf before other players can. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I am not sure if this is against the rules lol but it sounds like classic everquest to me hehe
Or she might kill them for attacking the wolf. I will look into the spawn mechanics of a rabid wolf to make sure it’s not too predictable for launch.
Old 10-15-2019, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Technically aren't outdoor zones free for all?
Static spawns are campable, but you must remain there and kill the mob, so if like, if someone ran off to go kill something else, and then returns to dog that you are fighting standing 10 feet away from its spawn point, I think youd win that petition on green99

But no doubt the most powerful way to level in qeynos hills if it is crowded is to just sit on that spawn point and fill 8 bags with pelts.

Fwiw there are 2 other rabbid bear spawns. and after the plague there are 3 other random spots a rabbid wolf can spawn at. Not sure if those spawns will be on green though.

But yeah, the rabbid wolf is well known and well camped and I expect it to be a tranix crown pre kunark situation for level 4's lol

May as well let the cat out of the bag, it is approx here (its no secret but a lot of folks dont know and they should if so many other bureaucratic camp holders will have this advantage, I want you to give them hell lol):

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or she might kill them for attacking the wolf. I will look into the spawn mechanics of a rabid wolf to make sure it’s not too predictable for launch.
haha the wolf is on bloodsaber faction [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] So she hates it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] And yes, it is very predictable and may not be the "classic feel" the way it is but thats above my paygrade hehe
Last edited by Jibartik; 10-15-2019 at 02:48 PM..
Old 10-15-2019, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are there posts talking about the rewards at launch?
sure, if it gives unusually high rewards for the level and difficulty. Easy exp and easy money are always being sought.

The problem is several months in they started revamping lower level zones to be more attractive to new players adding new "rare" quest rewards, adding quests, and fixing old ones.
Closed Thread