Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 08:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What a retarded post. I already did.

You realize I can't disclose that information to the public, right?
Oh, god forbid we ruin his reputation if he did. Don't bring it up if you're not going to prove or disprove it.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know I'm getting tired of seeing the whole "TMO are angels because TR had one officer banned and we didn't" argument. I've been meaning to say this for a while:

It's pretty common knowledge that the leader of TMO posted a warning to the guild on their forums about the DLL and it's capabilities, minutes after the patch that introduced it.

Whether this information was leaked from our staff, or reverse engineered, or simply he knew enough to be cautious about it, is irrelevant... why would he have to make that announcement/warning if TMO had nothing to hide from it? And also import is knowing that, tmo still had the same number of guild members caught as tr did.
I see you toss this red herring around all the time in defense of your obvious double standards when it comes to handing out punishments.

Nobody is claiming TMO are angels. The top end guilds compete, and sometimes players get dirty. The issue here is your questionable behavior when it comes to guild disputes. It's not what you do. It's what you don't do.

1. You raid suspend one guild twice for players using hacks. One time the player wasn't even in the same zone as his guild. TR officers are caught cheating on competitive raids. Nothing happens to their guild. No raid suspension. No guild disbanding. Their violation should have caused you to double their punishment, since this was after you had made an example of another guild hacking, yet they did it anyways in spite of that. They told you to go fuck yourself with their actions. Their officers took a steaming pile of shit on your box and on your rules and you rewarded them for it by allowing their most important accounts to remain on the server. Bravo.

Not banning those accounts is "classic" though right?

Instead of outrage on your part and guilds getting disbanded by the Rogean wrath hammer, you posted some half assed excuse on the boards and pretended like everything was normal.

2. You don't respond with the same urgency to petitions from guilds that are not IB/TR, if you even bother to respond at all.

The only reason you didn't ban those accounts that were all caught hacking is because you were protecting accounts and gear within one specific guild. Now the population is taking a dump because players realize that the integrity of your box has been corrupted. That's something that once lost you can never get back. You and Nilbog have a lot of nerve trying to now blame the population for lack of development because the players are "ungrateful fucks". How arrogant and childish. This is what happens though when children try to play EQ developer though.

There should have never been a vote on whether those accounts would be banned. You should have banned them permanently and allowed the healthy player base that was not cheating to heal and grow. That decision spelled the end of P99. It's been a slow death as the server bleeds out since you took the chickenshit way out to protect your RL pals.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:07 PM
Kobold

I agree

Not banning cheaters was a weak weak move. It is like charging someone of murder and giving him community service.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threepoint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree

Not banning cheaters was a weak weak move. It is like charging someone of murder and giving him community service.
TR = OJ?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive Marc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whats the policy on cheating and getting caught ?
Depends on the detection method used. Before the new detection system, we were limited by following methods:

People using an active hack to trigger a specific detection mechanic - 3 Months to Permanent.
Sting Operations - 3 Months to Permanent
Buffer Overflow Bombs, had to affect someone twice (Essentially two offenses), could be debugged and corrected, did not affect all MQ2 Versions - 3 Months to Permanent.

With the new detection system it automatically detects people as soon as they log in or as soon as they activate hacks. This can result in anything from a Warning to a Suspension or Permanent Ban. Warnings are rarely given, only if we (I) notice a player that logs in with MQ2 still loaded from a previous server that allowed it, and we can verify that, and they had immediately logged out and back in. Suspensions as you saw were given en mass since we will now always know if they have it loaded again, instead of the previous methods of being limited to them triggering a detection which was far less likely to catch them a second time. Typical punishment is 3 months to permanent.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Banned

Bronson butthurt about Fishbait/DA/TMO

Lol this is new stuff
Old 10-21-2011, 08:09 PM
Banned

Apparently Rogean

Banned Quickfingers

Changed his name and eqemu login

Moved him into TR

Unbanned him and gave the new info to Eashan, his BFF.

And this is how TR gets new members
Old 10-21-2011, 08:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threepoint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree

In this thread:
GMs who echo accusations of corrupt people but won't post the names of 365 people who actually cheat.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:15 PM
Aviak

Send a message via AIM to LevinJ

Ya know, sometimes I am frustrated with little things here and there about what happens on this server. But then I just take a step back and think "I am only frustrated because the developers managed to make such a good product that I have invested so much of my time and enjoyment in to this server that little things can effect me."

I don't always agree with the dev's decisions. And I love as much as anyone to cry foul when a decision doesn't go my way, although I prefer to do it privately rather than QQ'ing on the boards. But some people in this thread really have a ridiculous sense of entitlement and are sorely mistaken if they think they speak for the P99 community when they trash Rogean / this server.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:35 PM
Planar Protector

Simple fix to this entire situation would be to perma PVP TMO and TR. Let them fight it out. All the bitching from both guilds along with the cheating just isn't worth the headache. Doing this may even bring casual players back on and server pop will get larger due to there actually being some point at endgame I.E raids that aren't shit infested waters.
Closed Thread