Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 03:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buellen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just make COTH not work in any raid zone.

Remove all these dam raid rules. go back to the days where most damage would win the mo.

Remove the stability of the zone to many people in one zone let it crash and when GM /dev have time/ feel like then they can restart zone minus the raid boss/ bosses.

Just my 2 cents

oh yea i never plan to raid here. from everything i have seen over the years it does not look like fun .
This has to be one of the dumbest posts I've read.
To top it off, your last sentence.
Old 04-06-2019, 03:49 PM
Fire Giant

Thank you molitoth for your opinion.

enjoy the game

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Old 04-06-2019, 04:24 PM
Planar Protector

I hate to say it, but none of these ideas will probably change much, the more dedicated that can devote the most time will get the most loot, especially when most of these people are all in the same guild. Really we should be recruiting and strengthening our position to compete. This said I think it would be cool if a guild killed a ToV dragon the previous week, that the following week they wouldn’t FTE a Kunark dragon upon spawn for 5 minutes. This way smaller guilds could get a healthy shot at warrior/bard epics and VP keys. I almost guarantee big guilds would still get their fill of sev/gore/trak and us smaller guild would have no excuse when we don’t. Be really cool for some more guilds to be able to compete in VP.
Old 04-07-2019, 12:13 AM
Sarnak

#Forcethecrawl2019

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Old 04-07-2019, 07:54 AM
Sarnak

Disabling COTH in (certain)raid zones and rooting mobs solves so much in one go it's amazing.

- No more trains to zone line
- No more cheezy tactics
- People actually have to try for once rather than 2% do 98% of the work and the others login to click a few buttons, loot for their alts that they'll never play, update the wikipedia to add their name to an already cringey list of people whom possess an item, then log off

For the people complaining that it would not be classic, let me introduce you to a server called Project 1999 where things are already massively not classic.

90% of every downed raid target on this server was done because of some unclassic mechanics or server situation like Kunark being around for too long. The majority of you were nobody and nothing on the original servers. Get over yourselves trying to hang onto your control of the elf simulator that you fail at without a helping hand.
Last edited by Khaleesi; 04-07-2019 at 07:57 AM..
Old 04-07-2019, 08:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaleesi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For the people complaining that it would not be classic, let me introduce you to a server called Project 1999 where things are already massively not classic.

90% of every downed raid target on this server was done because of some unclassic mechanics or server situation like Kunark being around for too long. The majority of you were nobody and nothing on the original servers. Get over yourselves trying to hang onto your control of the elf simulator that you fail at without a helping hand.
Excuse me this isnt RNF, please make a thread to rant there.
Old 04-07-2019, 08:15 AM
Planar Protector

Dragons are rooted!
Old 04-07-2019, 08:26 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hey guys,

Interesting feedback here. Our plan with the changes in Today's patch had been made for some time (and worked on for several weeks to implement. There were a LOT of other mechanical changes in addition to just the permarooting).

Obviously we want to put that work to use and see how things go, so let's give it a shot and see what happens.

Rog

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 04-07-2019, 08:33 AM
Sarnak

Yay only took 2 years! My fantasy came true!

Sirken smiled knowingly as to where his next words would lead. "We, the server staff,
were thinking to root the dragons. It would be just as 'classic' as erotic roleplay." He
stated as he finished his wine glass off.

Her mind conjured visions as to how that would require the autism armies to expend
several times their current efforts in order to get their pixels. It was so delicious, so
simple and would cause so much more suffering than sixteen hour variance ever had. So
much more conflict and clashing than earthquakes ever had. So much more suffering.
Her eyes fluttered around with a far-away lost look, as she could just echo his words.

"Root the dragons...!?!" She murmured, drinking down her own wine to try to push her
arousal away. But the Neriak Red wasn't going to help this time. In fact the alcohol only
disinhibited her as she soon found herself just as naked as her partner in evil. And on top
of him. Straddling his body. And then riding him as she couldn't hold back any longer.
Old 04-07-2019, 08:54 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatordash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It would be the same except you just coth everyone to the dragon instead of pulling the dragon to everyone.
Its not the same gatordash because you can pull it to a spot where you can los the dragons aoes for your clerics/debuffers and dps when theyre low. Rooting them out in the open is kinda rough.
Closed Thread