Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 01:34 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only thing SOE/Daybreak ever wanted, and to be expected, is short term revenue flow. So expect more and more servers to come and go...if you enjoy leveling a character or 3 and having it become less enjoyable because your player base moved on to the next thing then that's fine. I think those people are idiots though, you're better off on P99.
What a pecular attitude. Do you see your characters as an investment or something?

You can't take them with you, Swish. The time will come when you have to say goodbye.

To be honest I can't figure out the basis of your argument even if we assume that it IS an investment somehow. You don't LOSE your p99 characters by trying out other servers. You realize that BDA could pick up their p99 characters tomorrow and have lost nothing?

Fact is, Phinny may have an easy ride of things, but that still beats the zilch payout p99 has in its endgame. Even your CSG buddies have figured that out now, joining so many others. People are following the advice I give - they get to 60 here, they experience the raiding "game" for a little while to see the putrid wreck, and then they quit for somewhere else. They still had fun while it lasted, but nothing lasts forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How many Phinny players are coming back? Probably more than want to admit it - see you at the start lines [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have any at all, at least back to poopsocking? There's a few still valiantly trying to play more than one, but nothing more than that.

Even with A/A both suspended and raid mobs finally available, I saw 20+ AG on takp tonight. Once you get a taste of what the endgame CAN be like, you don't come back to raiding on p99.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:00 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I take it nobody is playing these TLPs for nostalgia's sake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will absolutely play the new TLP server for nostalgia's sake.

Swish, I like you man, but what a naïve point of view. I get the you will stand by p99 forever, and that's cool, but what is nostalgic about this server? The years spent in kunark, or future years spent in velious? The item flooding and inflation that has item prices nowhere near what they used to be in live? Or the fact that as a normal human I cannot partake in the raid scene here due to the fact that I have real life commitments that preclude me from being tethered to my computer?

I played live on Prexus, and up until about late velious/luclin the raid scene was very organized and shared. We had scheduled days for scheduled raids. Top tier guilds actually worked together to enjoy this game. That to me is classic. that to me is nostalgic. And it doesn't exist on p99.

The nostalgia I'm after is being able to experience the content that I enjoyed 15 years ago. Back then all my friends and I played EQ, so it was fun to be hardcore because I was 14 years old and didn't have much else to do except school and EQ with my friends. Now I've got a big boy job with commitments. Is it so wrong that I'd like to be able to see end game mobs again without having to devote my life to do it?

I like you swish. You make me laugh and generally are a good contributor to these forums. But you do yourself a disservice with these posts.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:39 AM
Fire Giant

@nostalgia

Every server was different. My server (Erollisi Marr) didn't have any type of rotation. Magister killed every thing during US times, and another guild named Divine Grace killed stuff during Euro times. The one thing I see different here is the previous mentioned guilds didn't kill everything the way guilds do here. They focused on current content. The *only* time they went back to old works bosses was when they got a new person in the guild that recently made full member and needed "x" piece for their epic. Here, the 2 top guilds will cut your throat over a Trakanon, or even worse a fear golem!
Old 03-20-2017, 05:23 AM
Planar Protector

Swish is just mad because he can't get a credit card. It's okay swish, they have prepaid options now.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:19 AM
Fire Giant

As annoying as swish is, he's right.

Wow TLP Lockjaw opening!
Wow TLP Ragefire opening!
Wow TLP Phinnigel opening this time they've got it right for sure!

None of this shit is meant to last forever but the whole point of progressive characters is negated when you're forced to reroll every year because the server population hits rock bottom.

Only the most cucked idiots will roll on the new TLP
Old 03-20-2017, 06:35 AM
Kobold

i play phinny to experience the expansions i missed tho
Old 03-20-2017, 08:06 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenyo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As annoying as swish is, he's right.

Wow TLP Lockjaw opening!
Wow TLP Ragefire opening!
Wow TLP Phinnigel opening this time they've got it right for sure!

None of this shit is meant to last forever but the whole point of progressive characters is negated when you're forced to reroll every year because the server population hits rock bottom.

Only the most cucked idiots will roll on the new TLP
I don't think the whole point is negated when the new one comes out, I think that is the point. None of this shit is supposed to last forever. If you're really looking for a nostalgia fix, then you shouldn't be playing forever. Level your characters, complete the content, enjoy yourself along the way and then move on.

I only found out about p99 about 8 months ago. I made a character, and i had a blast reliving the glory days of 1-60. But then what are you supposed to do at 60 if you cant raid? Being a casual 60 on p99 is pretty boring. Especially if you don't play peak times. So i stopped playing. Still troll the forums to see if anything has changed that would bring me back to p99, but it looks like the status quo is here to stay, for better or worse.

Really shouldn't you be encouraging folks to switch servers? The raid scene is already crowded enough, losing a chunk of folks would trim the fat. Especially us filthy casuals begging for welfare pixels.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novoselic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
velious raiding isn't enough

we need to send a man (or elf) to the moon
I chuckled heartily at this comment. Also, OP is a triggered autist cuck
Old 03-20-2017, 09:18 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Spent $15 bucks, ain't spent a penny since. 20 krono to blow on goodies or subscriptions. Doubt EQLive will exist in 20 months. Was fun to experience the content on Phinny. Poopsocking ain't gonna work for me when I work 50+ hours a week and have a girlfriend.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segemund [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doubt EQLive will exist in 20 months.
People have been saying that for like 10 years +