Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2019, 07:16 AM
Planar Protector

Erudite guards not assisting on kobolds is classic. You can stop reporting it.
Old 10-17-2019, 08:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Erudite guards not assisting on kobolds is classic. You can stop reporting it.
But not because Dolalin says so, you can stop reporting it because it has been:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fixed, pending update.
Old 10-18-2019, 07:48 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollhide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sonsa Fromp in Misty seems to be a greedy merchant, this wasn't the case in classic
Sonsa Fromp is a greedy merchant as actually written in the lore.

If you research the Diggs family you will see they have quite a history.

Ask Kevlin about Sonsa.

Quote:
I used to be wed to Sonsa Fromp. She shamed the Diggs name by cheating my customers. She would charge my customers double! I am sure she is still doing the same, but it is done without the Diggs name. Good riddance!
Meeka, Kevlin's sister also has some words

Quote:
Oh, my! Do not mention that name to me! She used to be wed to my older brother, Kevlin. All I can say about her is that she would make a better rogue than a tailor.
Or maybe Twippie Diggs, Kevlin's other sister

Quote:
Sonsa Fromp used to be married to my older brother Kevlin. She accidentally overcharged a customer once and my brother used that as an excuse to take the name of Diggs away from her so he could wed Lashinda Hoggletop. Now poor, beautiful Sonsa must charge a fortune for leather items just to make ends meet.
All of this leads back to Sonsa being a greedy merchant.
Old 10-18-2019, 07:51 PM
Banned

thats why nilbog is in charge
Old 10-18-2019, 08:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
thats why nilbog is in charge
Pras Nilbog!

Lich (56+ Heretic)
Zelda (45 Shaman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
silence, 'hardcore scum'
Old 10-19-2019, 02:21 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Charming was extra terrible for me, because literally every time I was charmed in the day my dial up connection would drop too. I've always wondered why this was. Did the server suddenly start sending me too many packets to update my location frequently, effectively DOS'ing me? Was there something in the packets that looked like a disconnect signal? I'd love a time machine and some network gods to explain that one to me.

Made being charmed all the more terrifying. I guess it's like 'blacking out' once you're under their control.
I remember that (link dead when charmed)
Old 10-19-2019, 06:01 AM
Orc

I visited the island of Zachariah Reigh in OOT and noticed two issues.

The first is that a vendor is still offering cultural crafting items, the book for Seafarer's ringmail for example.

The other issue is that another vendor is selling fishing tradeskill items and i remember that fishing wasn't a tradeskill at all until well after release though there were indications that it was always a planned feature (I think you could buy hooks but there were no way of using them for anything).
I don't think the vendor and the fishing tradeskill was added until the tradeskill patch on September 19, 2000.
Old 10-20-2019, 01:09 PM
Large Bat

Been looking for a place to post this question, with the recent lighting changes being done is there any chance we could see Food/drink working as did in classic? I.e.; ogres / trolls / halflings eating more? Zones like the Ro's and Oasis causeing increased drink consumption?
Will batwing crunchies and fish rolls be a thing of value again?
Old 10-20-2019, 02:07 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I visited the island of Zachariah Reigh in OOT and noticed two issues.

The first is that a vendor is still offering cultural crafting items, the book for Seafarer's ringmail for example.

The other issue is that another vendor is selling fishing tradeskill items and i remember that fishing wasn't a tradeskill at all until well after release though there were indications that it was always a planned feature (I think you could buy hooks but there were no way of using them for anything).
I don't think the vendor and the fishing tradeskill was added until the tradeskill patch on September 19, 2000.
Is there any additional research about this? I found the 'about seafarer ringmail' book on the vendor. When should it become available?

The full list of items the vendor has are: Fishing Pole,Fishing Bait,Catch-A-Lot Bait,Tackle Box,About Seafarer Ringmail,Dry Hook,Treble Hook,Circle Hook.

Limiting merchant items per era is easy, just need to know when for what.
Old 10-20-2019, 02:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there any additional research about this? I found the 'about seafarer ringmail' book on the vendor. When should it become available?
Presumably the book should become available when Seafarer's Ringmail becomes possible to craft. According to this thread:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/a...p/t-10242.html

That would be part of the first batch of cultural, introduced September 19, 2000 (epic quest patch)

Quote:
Trade Skills Enhanced
Many of the trade skills in-game have received massive enhancements, including dozens of new craftable items, new fishing and foraging items, and other things to be discovered once in game.
crafting seafarer ringmail & "sea temper", buying the book, fishing "saltwater seaweed" from OOT, and looting "mug of sea foam" of seafury/normal cyclops probably all make sense to be tied to together.
Closed Thread