Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2019, 08:31 PM
Large Rat

I noticed that there's no longer an on-screen button to accept/decline group invites and that now you have to go to the action menu and to find the button. It's much less intuitive than having a button on the group window, especially since unless you're being invited the 'Follow' button doesn't even say 'Follow' on it. Having the button for this on the group menu isn't exactly intuitive, but it's at least better than the current option. Would be better still to just have a window pop up instead of having a button change functionality without warning, but I suppose it's your call where to draw the line when it comes to authenticity vs good UI design.

Also on a side note, the social tab on the action menu uses white text on gray buttons, while the other tabs use black text.
Old 10-26-2019, 09:45 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I noticed that there's no longer an on-screen button to accept/decline group invites and that now you have to go to the action menu and to find the button. It's much less intuitive than having a button on the group window, especially since unless you're being invited the 'Follow' button doesn't even say 'Follow' on it. Having the button for this on the group menu isn't exactly intuitive, but it's at least better than the current option. Would be better still to just have a window pop up instead of having a button change functionality without warning, but I suppose it's your call where to draw the line when it comes to authenticity vs good UI design.

Also on a side note, the social tab on the action menu uses white text on gray buttons, while the other tabs use black text.
1. Follow Button - literally bade functionality that is not even customized. That is how joining groups always worked.
2. Social Hotkey color - we have made it black and people complain the title entry is not readable. We make it white and people say the buttons are not readable. You can easily select a color for the hotkey that you find easier to read. You are not forced to use the default color of gray. It was selected so that the title entry field is easy to read.
Old 10-26-2019, 09:47 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That doesn't change the UI size it just shrinks the game window and keeps the ui elements the same?
EverQuest UI panels are a set size and not vectors or scalable. When you change to a smaller resolution, the UI pieces get large. We need to create a UI that works for a range of resolutions. So using high resolutions for your game will result in smaller UI Elements compared to the resolution of your screen.
Old 10-26-2019, 10:42 PM
Planar Protector

I found keeping my action window on the macro page provides more buttons for me, so I added /invite /disband to my own action page 1 hotbuttons just for convenience cus swapping tabs is anointing.
Old 10-27-2019, 03:09 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That doesn't change the UI size it just shrinks the game window and keeps the ui elements the same?
Run you desktop at a lower resolution to match.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 10-27-2019, 05:22 AM
Skeleton

Before everyone gets upset, I know that the limitations of the titanium client mean that the 'old timey' grey block classic UI with the tiny window is not possible because lots of reasons. I'm totally not asking for that. I get it will never be.

And I get that EQ had the f10 option since launch and greenUI is close to that, not arguing with that at all.

I'm just wondering if it's possible to give us an option to skin greenUI so that it uses the classic greyblock texture instead of the semi-transparent black windows?

When I first started playing I used to use the old stupid grey block, I never used the f10 UI. So when I started on green today, I was hoping to make my EQ as classic as possible within the limitations of the client. So I downloaded Wellgrims UI but all UIs installs are blocked. Fair enough.

But is there no way to just allow the 'classic-style' UI skins only while rejecting others? Like allow a small list of acceptable UIs, like Wellgrims, Mithral's or Fabbe's on EQInterface? While green is in base game phase? Probably not-- I imagine if you allow them at all you need to allow all of them but it would have been great to be able to at least use the stone textures.

Or alternatively, It'd be awesome if p1999 offered greenUI in a stone textured version somehow. I know its a lot of work and the devs have done a lot already (thanks so much, I can't imagine all the work you've done to get green running!), but maybe someone would like to try to get a stone textured version of greenUI working... like a volunteer? Nothing about greenUI would need to change beyond textures, really. I believe there is a 'texture' option in the UI already when you right click..

I feel like it would give it a more classic sense personally. I can see people seem to disagree vehemently with me, but I miss the textures. I know nothing about skinning or UI files but I could probably try to learn if there's interest in this... not sure how to get it to work though.

Just a thought, I know it probably won't be allowed/implemented, but the grey stone feels more 'classic' to me and the black detracts a bit, so I thought I'd ask.

Thanks for your hard work. Keep it up!
Old 10-27-2019, 09:56 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Green Pally Bug

I hope this is the right forum for this, I believe.

I noticed that the Paladin Lay on Hands is showing a refreshed state shortly after use ... Even though it isn't refreshed yet. The button pops up every few seconds when depressed as if used. Hope that makes sense. Not sure if it's isolated to Erudites or not.
Old 10-27-2019, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJLucier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hope this is the right forum for this, I believe.

I noticed that the Paladin Lay on Hands is showing a refreshed state shortly after use ... Even though it isn't refreshed yet. The button pops up every few seconds when depressed as if used. Hope that makes sense. Not sure if it's isolated to Erudites or not.
That one is an old client issue or something, so we're unable to alter that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-27-2019, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm just wondering if it's possible to give us an option to skin greenUI so that it uses the classic greyblock texture instead of the semi-transparent black windows?
You can get about halfway there with the present options available. right click the window, click "texture" to turn off the default texture. If you haven't done this before it'll make the window white. Now right click again and select the "tint" option for the same window and change it to a blue/grey color similar to what you're looking for. It's not exactly what you're asking for, but it's a pretty good half step there.

Danth
Old 10-27-2019, 01:30 PM
Banned

My meditate button is always ALL BLACK.
Closed Thread