Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 11:28 PM
Planar Protector

Cool Fall Out Boy Appreciation Thread

It has come to my attention no less offensively than stained D&G cashmere on a Saturday evening that there exists upon these boards a reprehensible disdain for some of the finest music of this millennium. And so, I've authored this thread as an ode to those immortal titans among musicians who are genuinely worthy of praise and remembrance.

Immortals
Old 09-06-2016, 11:39 PM
Planar Protector

My favorite Fallout Boy. Nice thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4JXvP-yHbw
Old 09-07-2016, 03:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It has come to my attention...
Immortals
i know doubt offend on occasion ... i still need crash to . nuff said seen understood... before tho i wanted to say ...

Hey Melon! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]~... appreciate your solid foundation fount... im just forever learning and pushing myself beyond where i should be or can handle... can crash out now like i should of 3 hr's ago... se rious tho.... tell me where im wrong... easy/casual/hardcore/destructive infinity without/truth.....

ok im gone now but melon talk bigger words and b wrong sometimes!... ==

im already sleeping but before that the link i quoted just showed "youtube.com"...
Last edited by entruil; 09-07-2016 at 03:57 AM.. Reason: what'd i miss?... (ld? d? 'ld? 'd?)
Old 09-07-2016, 11:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It has come to my attention no less offensively than stained D&G cashmere on a Saturday evening that there exists upon these boards a reprehensible disdain for some of the finest music of this millennium. And so, I've authored this thread as an ode to those immortal titans among musicians who are genuinely worthy of praise and remembrance.

Immortals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I met a 20 something who told me Fallout Boy was her favorite band of all time - was comparing them to Led Zeppelin. I have no connection with today's youth
My sweetest e-friend Maskedmelon… triggering you into an inane thread such as this was not my intent. Long have you defended the honor of Wu’Tang, cast down the associated persecution from the evil (((((Braknar))))), and conducted yourself in a proper and correct manner that pleases and arouses the Retarded God. I would FITE ME IRL any who oppose you and defend your name all the way into the depths of RnF. However to the Fallout Boy question, you have arrived at the wrong solution.

These guys are essentially a failed hardcore punk band who starts making pop punk music. They don’t even identify with the genre they are associated with. I have no problem with pop punk, I actually really like pop punk! I grew up listening to Blink 182, Get Up Kids, The Ataris, Vandals, Taking Back Sunday, Dashboard, Brand New, Saves the Day, Starting Line, Strung Out, ect, ect, ect… But these no talent hacks in Fallout Girl could not lift Blink 182s jock strap with the help of ten men.

My problems with them are multi-tiered; I do not enjoy their dress (skinny jeans/fedora), they have minimal redeeming qualities or talent; and using a 95% confidence interval it is statistically significant to say that all of their fans are within 1 standard deviation of being a millennial hipster. We will simply have to agree to disagree about Fall Out Girl
Last edited by Spyder73; 09-07-2016 at 11:07 AM..
Old 09-07-2016, 11:51 AM
Banned

I do not like their music , but the guy on the far right is gorgeous. No homo
Old 09-08-2016, 09:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

These guys are essentially a failed hardcore punk band who starts making pop punk music. They don’t even identify with the genre they are associated with. I have no problem with pop punk, I actually really like pop punk! I grew up listening to Blink 182, Get Up Kids, The Ataris, Vandals, Taking Back Sunday, Dashboard, Brand New, Saves the Day, Starting Line, Strung Out, ect, ect, ect… But these no talent hacks in Fallout Girl could not lift Blink 182s jock strap with the help of ten men.
Thanks, Spyds. I'm sorry. Thread was inappropriate... Those are good bands you listed. I know their outfits are kinda gay, but while I don't think Fall Out Boy is the best band out there (not sure who is), it just upsets me to see the discussion evolve like it did with a full out onslaught on Fall Out Boy. It wasn't just you, it was the way EVERYONE jumped in the Fall Out Boy hate band wagon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fall Out Boy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirban [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FOB is autistic
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Flair [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya that Lowry guy sounds almost exactly like Eminem. I don't really listen to rap, but I've always been able to appreciate some shady for both the comedic value and exceptional form. In another place and time he probably would have been a famous poet.

Fallout Boy sucks ass though

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"...lol...Fallout Boy like ... lol "half the time I look like this". look at me im on big drinks and im autistic and socially inept so I drink a lot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even here in my Fall Out Boy appreciation thread :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by entruil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
melon ... b wrong ... == (fall out boy sucks!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_ole_jpn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
holy crap this is the lead singer of that other shitty bandcar seat headrest in the foreground
splains alot

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by katrik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
fall out boy is awful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaboo_Cleric [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
paper bag
Old 09-08-2016, 10:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
it just upsets me to see the discussion evolve like it did with a full out onslaught on Fall Out Boy.

Even here in my Fall Out Boy appreciation thread :/
for what its worth my filters have been recalled (stopped to look up a word to use to finish this statement and found this - http://ask.metafilter.com/169216/Wha...rds-they-think - ) ...

Fall Out Boy did some work with Hot Topic in the "Bring the Music Back to School" campaign, having trouble finding results of it but i can appreciate that.
Old 09-08-2016, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

couple of my favorite songs by them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKTbzJD8uWA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnr-l5q455o
Old 09-08-2016, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

Don't listen to them that often, but I did dl their discography years ago and like quite a few of their songs. Dunno why I was randomly added to the FOboy hatetrain.
Old 09-08-2016, 02:04 PM
Fire Giant

I'll remember them for... hundreds of years.

Jesus christ ESPN was annoying with how often they played that song last year. Whoever was running their music department needed to be dragged into the street and shot.
Closed Thread