Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2019, 01:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
right click the spell window, and change it form textured to not textured, you have it set to textured[black] I think that's what causes that bug
Can confirm
I had zero issues with my meditate button until I started messing with transparency and texture/color. Upon logging back in. black meditate button. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-28-2019, 01:36 AM
Planar Protector

Serious question, has anyone ever had any luck, or experience with an application that will magnify another application window?

Like, I'm wondering what the game would be like, if I set it to 640x480 but then blew it up 200% and added a CRT filter to it(expand to see the effect):

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I think it'd be pretty awesome to be able to do that.

Is that even possible? It'd be even better if like, it would isolated to the titanium game window, so blowing up a 640 resolution and adding this affect, would feel no different than the current EQ window I have, except it would just look totally bitch'n!
Last edited by Jibartik; 10-28-2019 at 01:52 AM..
Old 10-28-2019, 01:47 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-28-2019, 01:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can confirm
I had zero issues with my meditate button until I started messing with transparency and texture/color. Upon logging back in. black meditate button. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
eep wait, are you saying you can't kick it back into working order?

Set to not textured, camp out, (completely close out eq I notice without doing this it maintains some memory leaks or something that bla bla so yeah try that) then re-launch, I'm assuming that should fix the button to be working, but if it doesn't can you let me know?

Im not sure if someone else posted this already but I've figured out how the hotpad color button bug works, if you take an ability button, and put it onto a button you had a macro on with that color, it will match that color, until you do a full restart. So I am hoping that fixes this issue for you Baler!
Old 10-28-2019, 02:11 AM
Kobold

anyone know if you how or if you can copy your ui from one character to another. really would just save some hassle for me
Old 10-28-2019, 02:20 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildstar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
anyone know if you how or if you can copy your ui from one character to another. really would just save some hassle for me
Its kinda annoying but yes. When you make a character, in your install location, it creates a UI_CharName_P1999Green.ini file. Replace the contents with the contents from a characters UI you have set. Cant remember if you need to quit the game or just go to character select for it to take effect.
Old 10-28-2019, 02:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
eep wait, are you saying you can't kick it back into working order?

Set to not textured, camp out, (completely close out eq I notice without doing this it maintains some memory leaks or something that bla bla so yeah try that) then re-launch, I'm assuming that should fix the button to be working, but if it doesn't can you let me know?

Im not sure if someone else posted this already but I've figured out how the hotpad color button bug works, if you take an ability button, and put it onto a button you had a macro on with that color, it will match that color, until you do a full restart. So I am hoping that fixes this issue for you Baler!
Found a solution: Black Meditate Button
(This is the same solution for the spellbook icon on the spell bar being black )

Texture ON - So you see the spellbook and stone background
Tint - WHITE 240 240 240

re-log. Meditate button is there.

@Jibartik the default tint color is white.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 10-28-2019 at 02:56 AM..
Old 10-28-2019, 07:08 AM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, without some form of UI scale option there really isnt much that can be done. Its a shame because this UI does look much nicer on lower resolutions. Scaling it down to 1366x768 does make it look like it did back then, but the game being 1/4 of my screen is a bit of a bummer. It was very interesting to see the differences of how it looked and felt with the different resolutions. I personally like the more compressed borderline cluttered feel , while i know others like the massive open minimal ui.

This what a few resolutions look like on 2560x1440 screen.
Yeah unfortunately we need to support a wide range of resolutions, and by making the low resolutions completely unusable, we eliminate those people from being able to properly play at all. While the people at higher resolutions end up with really small UI elements.

Someone at some point mentioned using WinEQ or something to play at a lower resolution, in a larger window or something. I have personally never used WinEQ, so I can't really comment if this is possible or how to do it.

Also. Those screenshots you posted in Imgur actually showcase a little bit of the 4:3 vs 16:19 debate for EverQuest. I am assuming you didn't move for any of the screenshots, but you can see more of the Priest of Discord in the 4:3 screenshot (800x600).
Old 10-28-2019, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Found a solution: Black Meditate Button
(This is the same solution for the spellbook icon on the spell bar being black )

Texture ON - So you see the spellbook and stone background
Tint - WHITE 240 240 240

re-log. Meditate button is there.

@Jibartik the default tint color is white.
Ok cool, this is helpful thanks baler!
Old 10-28-2019, 10:51 AM
Fire Giant

Something i noticed this weekend that maybe or maybe isnt classic, I seem to remember the meditate button was a hotkeyable button at some point during the "need to hit meditate button" era.

Lich (56+ Heretic)
Zelda (45 Shaman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
silence, 'hardcore scum'
Closed Thread