Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 05:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AenimaNerd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
due to High School.
Dis makes me happy. Nice to see people other than those with 16 year old nostalgia glasses can enjoy the game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-24-2016, 09:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played one on live for 4 or 5 years. Started a necromancer first but rerolled to enchanter at 30ish. They weren't as OP on live as they are here until PoP which is when they go ridiculous (I soloed Lodizal till I have millions in pp on live). Forgot what the zone was but used to charm these boars in a pit in PoP, was a massacre.

On live charm broke a lot, I mean a lot, sometimes lasting only 2 seconds. You were constantly recharming and even with high end luclin / pop gear you died extremely fast.
Charm may not be perfect here, but I mained an ench kunark through pop on live and although I was fucking awful, I still charmed successfully and effectively solo and group all the time. It wasn't that bad.
Old 12-24-2016, 10:30 AM
Planar Protector

People who wanted to charm - did. These people were simply orders of magnitude more rare proportionally than on p99.
Old 12-24-2016, 01:40 PM
Aviak

Didn't charm much on live unless I was grouped with RL friend cleric till late Luclin and PoP era, when modem connections went obsolete.

Oh and for sure it didn't stick nearly as well as it does here. Haven't seen bards AoE kite either as well as uber geared shammies solo crazy stuff. Many things here aren't really classic simply due to superb connections and computing power of our current PCs.
Old 12-24-2016, 04:21 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dis makes me happy. Nice to see people other than those with 16 year old nostalgia glasses can enjoy the game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I posted that I'm a returning player and I got several responses, one was "my parents use to be in that guild" that did two things, first was made me remember who they were and how fun it was to team with them and that it was cool he was playing now as his parents did on Live. Second was make me feel old. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-24-2016, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

[QUOTE=Kotopes;2429860
Oh and for sure it didn't stick nearly as well as it does here..[/QUOTE]

Encs back then weren't stacking CHA like crazies either, unlike in p99.
Old 12-24-2016, 05:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Encs back then weren't stacking CHA like crazies either, unlike in p99.
also, if i wouldve told someone on live to give -cha and -mr gear to a pet to make recharms easier, i doubt any wouldve believed me. Knowledge is power, and at this point, pretty much all the knowledge is out there for the taking.

Edit: Live as in p99's era, never played past luclin so dont know if chanters and there tactics changed later in game.
Old 12-25-2016, 12:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreenk317 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
also, if i wouldve told someone on live to give -cha and -mr gear to a pet to make recharms easier, i doubt any wouldve believed me. Knowledge is power, and at this point, pretty much all the knowledge is out there for the taking.

Edit: Live as in p99's era, never played past luclin so dont know if chanters and there tactics changed later in game.
We were aware of +Cha and -mr resist gear. I'm guessing the mr check here is a bit different.

Quote:
What I have read from the developers:

Charisma has an effect on the duration of charms. (Have heard a minor effect, to a moderate effect). Levels and magic resist have a much stronger impact.

Charisma has an impact for all charm classes, however the "expected" charisma requirement for enchanters has been stated to be higher than the "expected" charisma requirement for druids. (For example)

Charisma has an effect on the agro of the Lull line of spells (which are now moderately useful).

I have heard no mention from the developers on Mez and charisma.

What I have seen and read about charisma:

Mez appears to me to have an impact based upon charisma, but again magic resists and levels play a bigger impact. (Mind you my observations are usually made comparing after death and before death.)

Others have carefully stuided the mez vrs charisma and have found that unless the charisma is greatly different, there is little to no impact based upon charisma.

Valenty 65 Enchanter
Vassie 54 Rogue
http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums/f...s-and-charisma
Last edited by Ikon; 12-25-2016 at 12:25 AM..
Old 12-25-2016, 12:21 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We were aware of +Cha and -mr resist gear. I'm guessing the mr check here is a bit different.
Well I sure as hell wasnt lol. Granted I never mained a charmer on live, other than my bard, but that's not really the same.
Old 12-25-2016, 03:28 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this

Asher
Closed Thread