Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 06:21 AM
Aviak

Default Flagging Bug?

i was in Highpass when i ran into something that confused the crap outta me. this lower levle rogue came up and startted attacking my party members, but when i tried to engage him he wasnt a valid target. not becouase he was too low, but becoause he was "Blue" to me and another party member when he should have been flagged into my level range. he could still attack "us" just not us attack him. he was level 16, i was 29. the bard i was with was i believe was 26 or 27 and the shadow knight (whom he first attacked) was 21.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
here he is still blue after having attacked me and my party

*edit* re did my post to be most informative*

Fluttershy is best pony.
Haters gonna Hate!
Last edited by Azu; 10-04-2011 at 03:11 PM.. Reason: To be more informitive
Old 10-04-2011, 06:53 AM
Fire Giant

might have something to do with me being level 15, not sure.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:01 AM
Fire Giant

Seriously though, you guys outleveled me so bad that even me targeting your lowest groupmembers still didn't flag me for your level. I'm fucking level 15, what level are you?
Old 10-04-2011, 09:13 AM
Aviak

i was 29 at the time, but thats not the issue here. the fact that you were blue as in not even in the pvp flagging system is what got me. people who are too low are normally orange to me (or was it yellow? i havent been paying attention) i'm just pointing this out incase theres a bug that causes this to happen.

im not trying to point fingers. i just want to make sure that this can be fixed if its a bug or if it was just some weird fluke? o.O

Fluttershy is best pony.
Haters gonna Hate!
Old 10-04-2011, 11:12 AM
Sarnak

If somebody attacks a higher-level target, they should become flagged for their range no matter what. A level 15 attacking a level 29 would then be attackable by anyone from 7 to 37. I don't know what level your group members that he attacked were, but in order for him not to be in range to you after attacking them, they couldn't have been higher than 20. I still don't get the blue tag - I haven't seen that before at all.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:54 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This system is not very hard to understand. Read around in the stickies. People are making this seem way more complicated than it is.

If you come across a genuine bug (which this is not) then regardless you need to be specifying more information such as exact levels of players and what range they expanded to, etc.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 10-04-2011, 12:55 PM
Aviak

Rogean this is how the system works atm. Lets say there is a raid going to Lady Vox with 12x level 50's. Then a group of 3x level 42 and 3x 41 goes in to wipe them. Then the level 42's can kill them and if the 50's attack back. Then it will allow the level 41's to kill them but they can't fight back. You must understand that this isn't reasonable?
Old 10-04-2011, 02:21 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogean this is how the system works atm. Lets say there is a raid going to Lady Vox with 12x level 50's. Then a group of 3x level 42 and 3x 41 goes in to wipe them. Then the level 42's can kill them and if the 50's attack back. Then it will allow the level 41's to kill them but they can't fight back. You must understand that this isn't reasonable?
Im pretty sure this isnt right, even tho liek he said this is how its working atm. i couldnt help my groupies because of the fact he was not flagged to attack him when he should have been. i don't so much think its a matter of reading as it shouldn't do that. not being able to defend yourself or others in a pvp encounter is pretty f'd up.

Fluttershy is best pony.
Haters gonna Hate!
Last edited by Azu; 10-04-2011 at 02:55 PM..
Old 10-04-2011, 04:57 PM
Fire Giant

Well I have no specifics, I was level 15 due to the corpse camping at the time of that screenshot. Without knowing the exact levels of your pals (if the SK was level 20 instead of 21 for instance) then we have no way of proving anything really lol.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:56 AM
Skeleton

Yeah, ppl of lower level aren't being "up-flagged" properly when attacking higher lvl players in some cases, as pointed out in the following thread:
http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=50616

Earlier someone conned light blue and I wasn't sure if they were in pvp range so I tried to cast on them and it gave the protected message and proceeded to lower my can-be-attacked-by range. Then they started melee'ing me and so I tried casting more, but continued to get the protected message.
Closed Thread