Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2018, 04:07 PM
Banned

The shame for me is greatest when I end up playing really shitty games for very long periods of time. For example - ArmorGames.com - tower defense games are a past time for me when I am burned out on EQ/WOW/D3/OVerwatch/Whatever. So I will sit and play Monkey Balloon Tower Defense 5 for 4 hours at a time. Or I will load my Zelda Classic and start running through custom quests only to realize I've been doing it for 5 hours straight.

WoW is actually great because you simply run out of sh!t to do and it has self imposed daily and weekly timers to keep you from wasting your life away. It just gets kind of boring and the 'thrill of pixels' is not nearly as great as it is in EQ. There is a medium between WOW and EQ (Final Fantasy Online almost it it) that would make the P99 community very happy
Old 01-24-2018, 04:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The shame for me is greatest when I end up playing really shitty games for very long periods of time.
Perfect example is my new Avatar - I took a SS when I received Agni playing on my SNES emulator a couple of weeks ago (Breath of Fire). I sat for 5 or 6 hours and beat the entire game in one sitting.
Old 01-24-2018, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

I don't need an excuse for what I do for entertainment as long as it doesn't hurt anyone and doesn't break any laws. The inference is flawed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 01-24-2018, 04:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Perfect example is my new Avatar - I took a SS when I received Agni playing on my SNES emulator a couple of weeks ago (Breath of Fire). I sat for 5 or 6 hours and beat the entire game in one sitting.
please don't compare Breath of Fire (one of best games ever) to tower defense.
Old 01-24-2018, 06:00 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Breath of Fire III has some kick ass smooth jazz music.
Old 01-24-2018, 06:20 PM
Fire Giant

i spend way too much time on the forum/wiki cause i don't actually have time to play cause i have a baby etc.

however i have no good excuse. this is just a terrible addiction and we should all get banned for our own sanity.
Old 01-24-2018, 11:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i spend way too much time on the forum/wiki cause i don't actually have time to play cause i have a baby etc.

however i have no good excuse. this is just a terrible addiction and we should all get banned for our own sanity.
Hard to believe Tim Curry is 71 years old now.

Rocky Horror Picture Show was awesome, I used to go see it at a theatre which played it every Friday night and people actually acted out the movie as the movie played.

The best part was when the wedding took place because movie goers came equipped with bags of rice which they slung all over the place, rice was thrown at everyone and everything. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden View Post
Wow, someone actually got it right. Lhancelot gets a gold star. They are 100% set by players even though we will enforce the way Lhancelot stated above.
Old 01-25-2018, 12:36 AM
Fire Giant

heh -- i did exactly that in paris in 2006 for about one year.
every saturday night i was frank'n'furter, on stage, in front of the movie.
it was a very nice year of my life.
didn't play much EQ at that time!
Old 01-25-2018, 01:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
heh -- i did exactly that in paris in 2006 for about one year.
every saturday night i was frank'n'furter, on stage, in front of the movie.
it was a very nice year of my life.
didn't play much EQ at that time!
Haha nice. That takes balls to do that I could never perform live like that. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden View Post
Wow, someone actually got it right. Lhancelot gets a gold star. They are 100% set by players even though we will enforce the way Lhancelot stated above.
Old 01-25-2018, 08:08 AM
Aviak

I don't... I just do what I want to do because I am an adult and life isn't worth being serious about. You are going to die and the Universe will never know you existed.
Closed Thread