Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 11:00 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaynakader [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Savage AF. BTW the culprit is no longer in Savage, so please don't overgeneralize..our guild is full of really good people.
Meatee stiffed me on a port one time and I even took a break from EXPing to do it! Savage can burn in shit as far as I'm concerned.

Plush Bufnstuf
Old 10-19-2017, 11:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clazxiss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Take it a step further. Pack your guild up and come to red. You can either come to an agreement with the said parties involved OR....fight them over a disagreement. You will never counter this sort of behavior on blue.
I am coming to believe that you are a Swish alt
Old 10-19-2017, 11:48 AM
Aviak

Can't blame <Savage>. Scout roll is a dumb and non-classic. Its humorous how this agreement exists for Scout Charisa, but not for other mobs. But I guess pixel needing children are going to be pixel needing children.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErlickBachman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can't blame <Savage>. Scout roll is a dumb and non-classic. Its humorous how this agreement exists for Scout Charisa, but not for other mobs. But I guess pixel needing children are going to be pixel needing children.
You know what else isn't classic? Scores of people all trying to do scout at once with 99% of them having better than a 56k modem. Show me some screenshots of that from 2000.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-19-2017, 01:10 PM
Fire Giant

I'm pretty sure non-dialup connections were becoming getting pretty common in 2000, or at least in civilized areas. That said, classic or not, a roll seems much more "balanced" as to force the rapid-clicker-app folks to level turf.
Old 10-19-2017, 01:14 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaleigh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you salty little girls are welcome to play by your own rules.
Why does it always seem like people who call other people "little girls" always come off as big bitches? OP's post is so depressing that he could print it off as his suicide note.
Old 10-19-2017, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neno [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why does it always seem like people who call other people "little girls" always come off as big bitches? OP's post is so depressing that he could print it off as his suicide note.
not to mention op is going by a mandy moore alias

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 10-19-2017, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neno [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Something to do with Amanda I'm guessing?
Old 10-19-2017, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canelek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm pretty sure non-dialup connections were becoming getting pretty common in 2000, or at least in civilized areas.
Oh totally: I had a "high speed" DSL connection that I shared with five other people (several of whom were usually on EQ with me). My shared part of the bandwidth was laughable compared to my current cable connection, but it still beat 56k.

However, a lot more than 1% of the player base was still playing EQ on a 56k back then, so I stand by my claim.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-19-2017, 01:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh totally: I had a "high speed" DSL connection that I shared with five other people (several of whom were usually on EQ with me). My shared part of the bandwidth was laughable compared to my current cable connection, but it still beat 56k.

However, a lot more than 1% of the player base was still playing EQ on a 56k back then, so I stand by my claim.
Fair enough! I wasn't trying to quibble--it just seemed more normal then to have faster setups. Your estimations are in the ballpark for sure.
Closed Thread