Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 02:24 PM
Aviak

Default Zelda Breath of the Wild

About 12 orbs in, just got to Zoras domain. This will be occupying my attention for a very long time. Who else is binging this amazing game!?

Almost in disbelief its actually this good. Feels like its the 90s again w nintendo.
Old 03-05-2017, 04:03 PM
Banned

It's soooooo good!!
Old 03-05-2017, 07:30 PM
Planar Protector

is it really that good

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 03-05-2017, 07:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
is it really that good
Yes, it's currently the best reviewed game of all time.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/switc...critic-reviews

Getting a nearly perfect (98/100) score based on an aggregate of ~70 reviews is pretty insane.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:52 AM
Planar Protector

Witnessed a friend's game and stsrted switch shopping this morning. No luck so far. Console numbers should stabalize then definately purchasing on credit.
Old 03-06-2017, 04:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Truthbearer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, it's currently the best reviewed game of all time.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/switc...critic-reviews

Getting a nearly perfect (98/100) score based on an aggregate of ~70 reviews is pretty insane.
Yeah its hard not to cave in and buy it.

I just wish it had more games on lineup. like Chrono Trigger successor would be nice. Also I'd like access to SNES and NES on it? Is that a thing?

I know Xenoblade is in the pipeline, but what if it sucks? spending 400 bucks for zelda is suspicious. Also, any cloud storage on saved games? What about downloaded games? Downloaded is definitely cloud on the Nintendo account I'd hope... but I heard saved games are non-cloud, theres no cloud system in place to store data.

Thats pretty shitty...ugh so many flaws but so hard to ignore the ratings man... 250 hours to get a "FULL COMPLETE" status is pretty enticing, and 30 hours for a first run through is pretty amazing as well.

faaaaaaaaahkkk.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Last edited by AzzarTheGod; 03-06-2017 at 04:22 AM..
Old 03-06-2017, 04:26 AM
Banned

Honestly, don't listen to me. If it says 'Zelda' or 'Nintendo' on it, I will buy it. Yay having adult money.
Old 03-06-2017, 10:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly, don't listen to me. If it says 'Zelda' or 'Nintendo' on it, I will buy it. Yay having adult money.
Summed up nicely Katrik.

I beat one divine beast (Bird) and just made my way onto another (Elephant). So far the game is really great. The world is staggeringly large and there is a real focus on just exploring the world. I can see this easily becoming my favorite Zelda of all time. There is very little/no hand holding and exploring is actually dangerous. You will do a lot of rock climbing, para-gliding, hopping around on sh!t, and hiding from thunder stroms...speaking of which I have died probably 10 times from getting caught in a thunder storm....this is the first game where when it starts raining and you hear lightning... you better find a cave to hide in or be prepared to get gibbed.

They could completely remove combat from this game and make it 100% 'explorer' based and it would probably still get a 100/100. The combat and Zelda vibe are just icing on the cake.

The autist in me dislikes weapons breaking, but it has yet to become an actual problem and I actually keep getting more and more powerful weapons.
Old 03-06-2017, 11:34 AM
Sarnak

game sucks. nothing to do and it runs at 10fps. gg nintendo.
Old 03-06-2017, 11:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Summed up nicely Katrik.

I beat one divine beast (Bird) and just made my way onto another (Elephant). So far the game is really great. The world is staggeringly large and there is a real focus on just exploring the world. I can see this easily becoming my favorite Zelda of all time. There is very little/no hand holding and exploring is actually dangerous. You will do a lot of rock climbing, para-gliding, hopping around on sh!t, and hiding from thunder stroms...speaking of which I have died probably 10 times from getting caught in a thunder storm....this is the first game where when it starts raining and you hear lightning... you better find a cave to hide in or be prepared to get gibbed.

They could completely remove combat from this game and make it 100% 'explorer' based and it would probably still get a 100/100. The combat and Zelda vibe are just icing on the cake.

The autist in me dislikes weapons breaking, but it has yet to become an actual problem and I actually keep getting more and more powerful weapons.
I'll play it just not reading this post