Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-06-2014, 08:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocktree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone who said they were going to try to a full re-install do it and fix the problem? Thinking about it but don't want to go through the hassle if it doesn't solve the problem.
I did it. No dice.

Also I can play in hidden forest with no hitches at all. Def a p99 patch thing.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:42 PM
Aviak

Default my 3 and a half cents

Mine has been doing all of this for about 2 weeks, Died today after 10 log on attempts just lagged out to desktop or instantly sent me to desktop. Every time i camp and every time i zone i crash. Body now stuck behind door in HS west because of it lol! Oh the joyous classic connection problems!

If anyone has any fixes please post! although I am not sure this is a User problem.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocktree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone who said they were going to try to a full re-install do it and fix the problem? Thinking about it but don't want to go through the hassle if it doesn't solve the problem.
Nope, fresh re-install/patch and I still crash EVERY TIME I /camp. I can zone fine, and play without any lag...but /camping = auto client crash everytime. This has only been happening since the last patch.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 02-07-2014, 09:56 PM
Planar Protector

I get the crash after camping a character, but it hasn't been every time. It'll do it 3 or 4 times in a row, then work normally 3 or 4 times in a row. I've not identified a cause.

So far the rest of the game seems to be working normally except my "default_old" UI broke and I'm stuck using the blue titanium UI. The wife's UI still works normally so it's possible I goofed up the install.

Danth
Old 02-07-2014, 10:06 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Those having issues try logging in / zoning right now and let me know.

(Camping may still be broken).

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 02-07-2014, 10:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those having issues try logging in / zoning right now and let me know.

(Camping may still be broken).
I'll give it a try, as long as its not just me having this issue with /camping I feel a little bit better about it now. I reinstalled and still had the issue, so at that point I started worrying about maybe some change/compatibility issue (on windows 8.1, yeah I know...)
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 02-08-2014, 03:28 AM
Orc

Unhappy

tried to play today but game always craps out at various points:
can't log in to server list
blank server list (sometimes says error 1017 Cannot log in to the Everquest server)
disco when logging in character
very long zone times
disco while zoning after a zone or 2

running thru wine on OSX (red99)
Old 02-08-2014, 03:51 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll give it a try
dotdotdot

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 02-08-2014, 06:11 AM
Planar Protector

Sorry for the delayed response, had to leave for work in a hurry.

I logged in earlier and was able to zone twice without crashing. I camped to char select(just /camp) and crashed to desktop. Then I loaded eq up again and loaded in without issue, tried camping to char select again and this time it worked(/camp again, nothing different from first time)surprisingly. Logged into an ec trader character fine after that, then crashed again when I camped to go to work.

I haven't had issues zoning for a few days now but /camping seems to be causing a client crash most times, I would say 9/10 attempts to camp result in a client crash.

I should note that any time I was able to successfully camp out of game to char select I was in windowed mode and kept the EQ window selected. Following these successful camps I would try again while in windowed mode except I would alt-tab to a different window and EQ crashed while camping everytime. Pretty sure this is just coincidental though as I've crashed trying to camp even with nothing but EQ opened. Also tried in full screen mode, same issue except the screen just turns black and I have to alt+tab to minimize/then close eq.

I've also tried:

/camp server
/camp desktop

Both commands functioned fine prior to the last update as far as I know.

/q also causes a client crash where before it would bring me to login screen.

/ex is currently the only way I can exit eq without the client crash messages popping up.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 02-08-2014, 01:27 PM
Aviak

I've crashed while zoning a few times today, and have now crashed after trying to log in from character select 6 times with one successful login. I promptly crashed again after porting during that one login.

can't remember any issues with camping, but random crashing (which I never did in the past) is really bad right now.