Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 10:32 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
whatbout, pastrami, tuna or grilled cheese? are you inclined to disallow pickle participation in those sammiches ass swell, or are you willing to make "exceptions" for pickles in those cases?
No further exceptions. Kekily was right, I have bent too far on this subject already and must learn to hold my stance on important matters such as these.

In my cause to find common ground, I have betrayed my ideals.

#Pickles on the side only in 2019
Old 10-29-2018, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

Where can I acquire these famous dave’s Pickles?
Old 10-29-2018, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

It's a restaurant chain. Looking like there's 4 of them around El Paso? Tbh I don't know how Famous Dave's stacks up against a Texan's idea of BBQ, but good pickles and food IMO.
Old 10-29-2018, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where can I acquire these famous dave’s Pickles?
I know they are all around Minnesota, the pickles can be bought in any grocery store. Assuming Amazon can hook you up easily.
Old 10-29-2018, 12:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm just glad I got to blow trueshot, afk 72min.
That's not a bad recovery time at your level
Old 10-29-2018, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

So, finished up this reading... you have a great attention to detail, good foreshadowing and great at building things up. However, i feel your stories are far too long. I feel it could have been a third of the length.

I did this in my first story (Bardoc's Quest), but found that P99 is not the proper place for novel length chapters / stories. You are best suited for an actual erotica novel as i sense you like the slow build up.

If you do continue on with long stories, break it up some with photos / screenshots. I'm a fan of roleplay stories, but in opening yours and scrolling down to see how long it was caused me to groan and be like, "not sure where I'll find the time to read this", and found myself glazing over several paragraphs once i got the jist of what was being said, which just causes me to lose out on what you seem to like most about the story.

I actually find myself cutting my first drafts these days in roughly half, even parts I really like. It sucks, but sense that it is necessary.
Old 10-29-2018, 12:35 PM
Planar Protector

"He won't be regenerating from that one"

lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 10-29-2018, 01:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, finished up this reading... you have a great attention to detail, good foreshadowing and great at building things up. However, i feel your stories are far too long. I feel it could have been a third of the length.

I did this in my first story (Bardoc's Quest), but found that P99 is not the proper place for novel length chapters / stories. You are best suited for an actual erotica novel as i sense you like the slow build up.

If you do continue on with long stories, break it up some with photos / screenshots. I'm a fan of roleplay stories, but in opening yours and scrolling down to see how long it was caused me to groan and be like, "not sure where I'll find the time to read this", and found myself glazing over several paragraphs once i got the jist of what was being said, which just causes me to lose out on what you seem to like most about the story.

I actually find myself cutting my first drafts these days in roughly half, even parts I really like. It sucks, but sense that it is necessary.
I am using these as practice towards writing a real novel. I don't consider myself quite 'there' yet with my writing skill. Novels are much longer than these short stories. This one was like 3400 words whereas a novel tends to be 50k-100k words.

I mean I get it, most of the audience of P99 is video game players (visual) and not avid readers. At the same time it probably isn't a time thing. People here spend 16+ hours socking dragons week in week out. A story this long might take 10-15 minutes to read through. Given all the downtime in EQ I figure it's one of many things one can do to fill it.
Old 10-29-2018, 01:19 PM
Kobold

One of your best I thought, glad you found the motivation to get it done!

It really was a great blend of the erotica with the adventure and humor.
Old 10-29-2018, 01:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moerne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One of your best I thought, glad you found the motivation to get it done!

It really was a great blend of the erotica with the adventure and humor.
Thanks ^^

Yea things have been tough lately but sometimes negative emotions can be inspiration too.