Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 02:07 PM
Planar Protector

Default Unconventional leveling duos

The best duos are well known by this point and have been discussed ad nauseum in dozens of previous threads. So let's talk about unconventional duos. What class combinations do you rarely see that actually work fairly well together? Remember, the focus here is on leveling and fun/unique gameplay rather than pure high-end duo power (Mnk/Shm and Enc/Clr pls go). Most of these assume at least modest twinking, so these suggestions are geared more toward people who want a fresh alt leveling experience rather than new players. Here's a few, a couple that I've tried and others that are pure theorycraft:

Paladin/Rogue: Paladin brings tanking, heals and CC, while the Rogue unloads DPS with no worry of pulling agro. Each class shores up the other's weaknesses perfectly. A simple duo with fairly relaxed gameplay for both players.

Bard/Monk: With decent weapons, haste and armor the Bard's tanking ability and melee DPS is very underrated, especially pre-50. This duo is best played by alternating tanking as needed between the two. Bard twisting haste, slow and regen makes for minimal downtime when combined with the Monk's DPS, tanking and Mend.

Warrior/Magician: Mage summons a max level Water or Air pet and keeps up his damage shield on the Warrior, who stays in a Zerker frenzy as much as possible. Mage nukes for added, DPS, summons band-aids for the Warrior and keeps a mana reserve ready to nuke down mobs quickly if the Warrior gets in trouble. Insane DPS but nonexistent CC. Best used in outdoor zones as a dark blue mob meat grinder.

Shadow Knight/Ranger: SK fears, Ranger snares. Fear kite all day, everyday, twice on Sundays. Limited self-healing and tanking from both classes allows slower but modest traditional killing as well. A fun faceroll duo if both players are heavily twinked (i.e. Fungi) and just want to mess around on pimped out hybrids.

Enchanter/Wizard: Enchanter employs the disposable pet charming method, while the Wizard handles snares, stuns on charm breaks and nukes to finish off the mobs. A decent dungeon duo, albeit rather fragile. About as useful as a Wizard will ever feel outside of raiding and porting. Requires attentive play from both players.

What are some others?
Old 09-06-2016, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

Magician / Ranger -

Ranger snares and flame licks to draw agro , magician stops pet from taunting....then kite things around with archery!

Later on (50+ against summoning mobs), the magician pet will be able to tank ....allowing the ranger to double damage with arrows!
Old 09-06-2016, 02:19 PM
Banned

Necromancer/Shaman is incredibly powerful. Necromancer/monk is also fantastic. Really Necromancer/anything is really powerful if the necromancer can use their heals and taps effectively. Enchanter/necro makes for a brutal charm team
Old 09-06-2016, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah, a Necro who knows what he's doing is extremely powerful asset. In combos, I've done Necro/Ranger and that has worked out very well.
Old 09-06-2016, 02:30 PM
Fire Giant

I did a few levels in my lower 50s as a Paladin/Enchanter duo in KC.

I would single pull a mob and then root it and let the Enchanter's hasted pet kill it while I spammed Deepwater Helm heals on the pet.

It was excellent exp and I brought a lot to the table for the Enchanter since I pulled for him, kept his pet topped off, and made sure he never died with my heals/LoH, plus when his charm broke I was quick to stun/root/facetank so he could mezz and recharm.
Last edited by Sage Truthbearer; 09-06-2016 at 02:33 PM..
Old 09-06-2016, 03:14 PM
Banned

necro/enc is godmode outdoors

does rogue/sk count as unconventional? it's VERY rp
Old 09-06-2016, 04:10 PM
Aviak

I'm going to be duoing Bard + Necro for multi mob root rotting. Or Bard will snare/fear and necro rips it apart with pet + dots. In dungeons, bard or pet will be tanking and bard can slow or jump in to take hits while necro heals pet or bard(if even necessary).

Yeah, pretty unconventional. So what.

Quote:
P99 - doing things differently
Old 09-06-2016, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

29+ Wizard & Rogue isn't terrible, snare + Flux staff to aggro kite and rogue backstabs.
Old 09-06-2016, 04:14 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Warrior/Magician: Mage summons a max level Water or Air pet and keeps up his damage shield on the Warrior, who stays in a Zerker frenzy as much as possible. Mage nukes for added, DPS, summons band-aids for the Warrior and keeps a mana reserve ready to nuke down mobs quickly if the Warrior gets in trouble. Insane DPS but nonexistent CC. Best used in outdoor zones as a dark blue mob meat grinder.
A few fair examples of efficient combos but this... this... this fucking.... what... lol... this is just fucking random word generating.

A mage can solo using this exact method with earth pet.

The warrior is redundant.
Old 09-06-2016, 04:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDwarf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A few fair examples of efficient combos but this... this... this fucking.... what... lol... this is just fucking random word generating.

A mage can solo using this exact method with earth pet.

The warrior is redundant.
Me and my GF use this duo actually. Its really nice actually and we kill really fast.
and we basically do it just like the OP mentioned. Kinda random and doesny synergize amazingly well, but we kill effectively.
Fauvana 54 Erudite Necromancer
Seliel 24 Erudite Rogue
Deepwalter 6 Erudite Paladin

Fauvano 40 Dark Elf Necromancer
Stoppinswords 11 Dark Elf Warrior
Closed Thread