Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 04:42 AM
Planar Protector

Cazic Thule because of cleric mobs healing whatever you're killing through walls, lots of pathers, easy to get adds.
Kaesora because of one way drops, cleric and necro mobs, pathers.
Siren's Grotto because enchanter and cleric mobs, everything hits like a dragon, you need to dispell and slow everything, underwater, 3d .etc
Old 06-09-2017, 04:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always thought it was dumb that finding a position that a mob was unable to climb to was considered an exploit. Just seems like tactics.

They should have just added like a memblur, fear or something AI to make it less practical. Having a mammoth super jump or warp through walls is more immersion breaking than having it stamp about confused or run away to safety.
I don't think the game with elves, dwarves, lizard people, trolls and ogres, of various walks of fantastical life is looking for "realism" necessarily.

I think in a lot of games, it is tactics. But in an MMORPG? Too easy a thing to exploit long-term.

Not that there aren't other exploits, but y'know. Probably an easier thing to fix.

Just like them warping through Rogue pickable doors. It makes sense so people can't just abuse that and totally eliminate (one of) the purpose of Rogues.
Old 06-09-2017, 04:51 AM
Planar Protector

Well, there is internal realism and external realism, but fair point. A fantasy world should have it's own rules to go by. Perhaps superjumping mammoths/kitty pride orcs is one of those rules though.

I'm sure on live at one point mobs would open and close locked doors as they passed through (leading to hilarious consequences), which I guess could be explained as having their own set of keys which they didn't drop on death (much like how many NPCs are modelled to have armor they don't drop on death). If they didn't want NPCs passing through locked doors I would have found it less immersion breaking for them to treat them as walls and actually add content to make rogue skills relevant (see LDoN).
Old 06-09-2017, 07:29 AM
Planar Protector

On live, when Kunark came out, I think there was 2 weeks or maybe more where your HS or Seb key was NOT soulbound (soulbinding didn't exist).

At that point, it was HS or Seb, but now it is much less risky. That being said, it would still seem SG is hardest due to how hard the mobs hit and how they charm, etc.

For old school I would have to say Befallen just based on the design, I remember trying to level there with my brother on live like early release. Just based how the keys worked there, dying in and having to fight back in naked really sucked, especially for melee.

I remember trying Dalnir early on my monk because I wanted Crescent gear, but damn, those casters were nasty, never even got to the sarnaks. Just seeing how many mobs there were when dropping, etc I could tell it was rough. And that zone out pad had like 8 casters guarding it.
Old 06-09-2017, 07:44 AM
Planar Protector

Surprised nobody mentionned Chardok. Whole zone is a PITA.

Level adjusted, I'd say Dalnir and Runnyeye for sure.

Anything involving shaman mobs sucks for exp'ing except, for some reason, LGuk.
Old 06-09-2017, 08:00 AM
Fire Giant

Kedge Keep - because fuk that zone
Old 06-09-2017, 08:10 AM
Planar Protector

At the appropriate level and with level appropriate gear (no twinking)?

Runnyeye or Dalnir would be my vote. Neither zone is forgiving. Tightly packed with caster mobs to boot. Both of these are lower level dungeons meaning you're tackling content without resist gear, high dps weapons, haste ... or even simple things like hp/AC rings.

Higher level zones you could make the case that 'appropriate' gear includes game changing items like haste, fungis, and good ratio weapons.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 06-09-2017 at 08:15 AM..
Old 06-09-2017, 09:15 AM
Banned

It definitely has to be Kedge Keep for me, biggest PITA for a variety of reasons - - Charasis is close behind with all the Harm Touches and floor pits - Sirens Grotto is ridiculous as well - Dalnir I don't really have a problem with.

The reason Runneyeye is probably the actual answer here is because of the level disparity. You can be hunting level 18-24 goblins then all of a sudden you have a level 35 Evil Eye wizard that gets agro's and starts raping the entire group. Its very reminiscent of a hill giant coming and raping your group out of no where when you are lower level.
Old 06-09-2017, 09:22 AM
Fire Giant

Splitpaw isnt that bad if you can get past the double door area. The bottom floor is underrated. That double door/bridge area is 100% deathtrap and turns everyone off.
Old 06-09-2017, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

If hardest means impossible to play in... I'd go with CT. Out of LoS heals make that zone pure hell.
Closed Thread