Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 11:07 PM
Kobold

Default Good Simple Plat Grinding Spot 55 Level Warrior

Hey guys,

Wanted to see whether any of the high level warriors out here have any advice on some good places I can grind plat on off hours / short play periods on my 55 troll warrior during the week.

I play heavily over the weekends and can usually pull 1.5-3k per weekend grinding in KC groups but have little time to play during the week. When I do have time, I'm curious whether there are places I can grind plat faster than simply grouping for EXP / trash / drop random rolls in KC.

Anyone have any spots they recommend for grinding on a non-regen equipped troll? Generally I like things that can be vendored (since I have decent STR and good weight reduction bags) my go to has been Shiny Brass Idol but I curious whether there's more efficient stuff out there at 55.

1. I was thinking of trying hill giants in Lake Rathe for off hours. Anyone done that on a warrior?
2. Solusek's Eye / Sol B - Mobs drop fine steel weapons and are generally lower level. The damage shields are annoying but it's otherwise decent.

Any recommendations? Bear in mind, character's a troll so faction can be an issue - I'm able to vendor / am safe in both Highpass, Freeport, MAYBE Qeynos.

Let me know!
Old 03-06-2018, 12:50 AM
Kobold

Damn that's a good one - didn't think about Cloudy Potion as an option. They're like 25pp from a vendor right?
Old 03-06-2018, 02:00 AM
Planar Protector

11pp insta cast.

Guktop is a characterful option for a troll. Deep greens, accessible, fine steel, jades, ambers, etc. even the mesh armor is about 2pp each.

I would be hesitant to spend time farming non xp mobs when you could be grouping. Whatever you're wearing in the 50s could take you to 60!

Also you should get way more than 1k per weekend at kc! Have a good ranger pull.
Last edited by Jimjam; 03-06-2018 at 02:03 AM..
Old 03-06-2018, 09:14 AM
Kobold

Crystal Caverns geos. should be pretty easy to smash at your level and named drop gems that vendor from 19-199pp. may not be able to vendor in town, but there is a bank regardless of your faction. load up your bank with bandages, or ask a neighbor in town to vendor for ya. usually make about 500-1k an hour.

WL Tar Goos / Faerie Dragons are another spot. breaking in the camp for the Tar Goos may be a bit rough, but decent experience and some decent vendor trash, similar to seafurries. Faerie Dragons are easier and can drop armor gems. Most valuable of those being crushed flame emeralds - 600pp a pop. Tar Goos will be better exp than faeries.

I would advise against HGs. They hit hard for their level and are generally super camped at any given time.
Old 03-06-2018, 12:06 PM
Banned

Its heavily camped and a pain in the ass for a warrior to do but selling Jboot MQs is typically an easy 7k. Its almost a better option to just have a characters camped there and you can check it every now and then to see if open
Old 03-06-2018, 05:46 PM
Banned

Groi Gutblade is a great option that I used for many hours back in my 40s. I was a student at the time and his 21 minute respawn timer was ideal for doing work in between.

Even in Velious, Rings of Shadow and Lionhide Backpacks are valuable.

NO xp tho
Old 03-06-2018, 06:43 PM
Kobold

All great suggestions thank you!

Crystal Caverns geonids sounds like it might be ideal - I bet I've murdered enough giants that I can sell to the Coldain. Guktop also seems good - I'm partial to activities that I can do with low brain power.

Skarlorn, I need to camp Grol for different reasons - I want me a Lionhide bag (I really like having a variety of weight reducing bags, aside from functionality it makes the UI look cool LOL).

Jimjam - Generally, I agree with you - my strong priority has been "just get to 60" and "raid with guild" because anything I get now will probably be worse than things I can get with those two boxes checked off.

This is more for those times when I want to sit at my desk, have my cat on my lap and want click a minimum of buttons but still get productivity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 03-06-2018, 06:44 PM
Planar Protector

farm highkeep guards for fine steel if you can vendor there
Old 03-06-2018, 07:26 PM
Kobold

Gotcha! I turned in enough orc and gnoll scalps that I can sell to generic Highpass vendors.

Not sure how I feel about killing guards. It's probably a great idea - I'm just hesitant to 'gamify" P99 in murdering what I believe the developers intended to be stationary NPCs rather than EXP farm.

That and I spent a LOT of time grinding all sorts of factions on Rabkan, don't want to waste it.
Old 03-06-2018, 09:56 PM
Kobold

Just a heads up, the dwarves in CC are on their own faction. Goodly races can sell there, but everyone is non kos otherwise.
Closed Thread