Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 01:26 AM
Orc

this game is free, they owe you nothing
Old 10-17-2010, 01:55 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naynay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this game is free, they owe you nothing
Right, that's cool and all or whatever. But they may want to think about updating the rules if there are certain ones they deem unnecessary and within player control.

If there is what is supposed to be a rule amongst a set of rules that is not enforced, then clearly it's not really a rule. Which is ironic, since it's the only rule that's actually mentioned twice in the set--implying it's rather important. It's also one of the handful that can result in a ban.

Furthermore, it's emphasized at the end of the post that the rules are mandatory and are not to be fucked with--albeit they can do what they want to them.

The OP's question is valid: apply this post to any other rule. If people were using third party tools and boxing within the current rule set, would you prefer those issues be dismissed so easily? Keep in mind that the Play Nice "Policy" is just that, a policy, it's not a suggestion. Rules aren't suggestions, they're laws to follow. One would think it wouldn't be that hard to follow them, given that they're not very restrictive and quite frankly, exactly--the server is fucking free, don't be a dick.

That's what you can boil down most rules to be: "Don't be a dick please." And to think that someone who is taking advantage of this free service to us can't even follow the "Don't be a dick" rule is mind-boggling. It's not that hard to shoot a tell to the guy and be like "Ay, stop being a dick or I'll ban you. Ok?" Problem solved. If it's not, ban him.
Last edited by Kich; 10-17-2010 at 01:57 AM.. Reason: Don't be a duck either.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:10 AM
Orc

Someone said something rude to you, you ignored them. If he doesn't keep making alts to bug you is there really a need to go to the GMs about it?

No.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:18 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Someone said something rude to you, you ignored them. If he doesn't keep making alts to bug you is there really a need to go to the GMs about it?

No.
I think this is main reason Gm's get annoyed. When dealing with every other everyday problem, thing's that can be resolved simply by a /ignore Tokum get under there skin....

I do agree that there needs to be a little more clarification of the "current" server rules that are or are not being enforced, but that being said I'd prefer it waited till after there done getting Kunark out 8)

And Kaiser is good people and his post was done correctly, he's just asking for clarification, no need for anyone to start flaming him :x
Old 10-17-2010, 02:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokum-6n0m3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think this is main reason Gm's get annoyed. When dealing with every other everyday problem, thing's that can be resolved simply by a /ignore Tokum get under there skin....

I do agree that there needs to be a little more clarification of the "current" server rules that are or are not being enforced, but that being said I'd prefer it waited till after there done getting Kunark out 8)

And Kaiser is good people and his post was done correctly, he's just asking for clarification, no need for anyone to start flaming him :x
exactly.. just ignore... what else do you want.. dude to be banned for swearing ? sorry...
Old 10-17-2010, 03:01 AM
VIP / Contributor

So you made a fool of yourself in your last rant (about the exact same issue) and got nowhere, so you decided to troll me instead. I can promise you, this isn't going to go any better for you.

You can't get along with anyone, that's not my problem. You having nothing better to do with yourself than run around starting problems and looking for ways to feel victimized does not require me to fart sideways to relieve your gas pains.

I'm not going to tell people to not say things that you don't like to hear. I leave myself available to handle server issues when they occur, not babysit you when you cause a big stink and cant handle the backlash. You cropped quite a bit out of that conversation, including this most important piece of wisdom:

You have an ignore list, you're expected to use it.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:02 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badmartigan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
exactly.. just ignore... what else do you want.. dude to be banned for swearing ? sorry...
Keep in mind that the OP was threatened. This wasn't some guy who happened to say "fuck" in the middle of a sentence, he was harassing the OP.

To reiterate the OP: "DO NOT harass people." -- This is an offense that can result in a ban so long as the harassment continues past the warning the GM makes to the offender. But if no such warning system exists..

The alternative, given that the OP didn't post what was actually said to him, is that what was said to him was actually quite mild and not actually threatening and the OP took it to an extreme that only someone online could.

EDIT: It appears the latter may be the issue ^_^
Old 10-17-2010, 03:04 AM
Sarnak

The GMs aren't here to baby sit you. Some guy cursed at you, you used the tools available to stop it - problem solved. You had to go a little above and beyond and because Uthgaard didn't cuddle you, you're all butthurt. Why not just enjoy the game for what it is? (read: free) Furthermore, you make totally unfounded claims that Uthgaard "bought" the server with zero factual basis? You even admitted to checking the rules before posting and they seem fairly concise, imo. I'm surprised you didn't say it also ruined time with your "wife" because that is usually the way these threads end up going.....

Bottom Line:

You will encounter cool people here. You will encounter dicks here. You will waste your life. You will hate this game. You will have the best time you've ever had in an MMO if you just go with it and don't get mad, brew! But should you let the butthurt take over your system and ragequit because what some guy's pixels did to your oculars or what some asshole spouted off on the Rogean Uthboards allow me to suggest an alternative alternate universe you may do better in.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Swishahouse Swishablast
Luminary of 57 Spirits
Junglist
Bard of 16 Anthems
Pokeball Flinger
Last edited by Swishahouse; 10-17-2010 at 03:07 AM..
Old 10-17-2010, 03:06 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmask [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am also under the impression that he purchased this server
Wait, what?

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 10-17-2010, 03:07 AM
VIP / Contributor

He wasn't threatened by anyone. In case you all missed this piece of work, here he is in all his childish glory:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19261

Now if you're all done henpecking something you know a total of jack and shit about, I've got work to do, for all of you whiny entitled bitches to enjoy.
Closed Thread