Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 03:13 AM
Kobold

i don't even think the OP was in readable english
Old 10-17-2010, 03:13 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyways, heres my take.

If someone is sending you tells, you can ignore them. Don't waste our time with that.

If there's a player being obnoxious or spamming in public channels (ooc, shout, auction), then petition them saying so.

We have no way of seeing the tells to your client. They aren't logged, and we don't read /reports, so we can't verify it anyways. Ignore is there for a reason.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 10-17-2010, 03:26 AM
Orc

"You have an ignore list, you're expected to use it." I believe I told you during that conversation that he already was on ignore Uthgaard.

"You can't get along with anyone" Actually I have a lot more friends than enemies. I was talking to about 7 people right before you suspended me.

One conversation I had was my friend laughing "Lol they won't ban you for the thread". Well you were wrong buddy. lllYeah my corpse is gonna rot with the cash on it, but don't blame yourself. Shit happens bro.lll

Could someone please tell Chic/Sitback/Wizzlor one of them that I was suspended and won't be able to return to tank? We had a really good xp group going I'm really sorry they are probably waiting on me.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:30 AM
Planar Protector

I would like to clarify something for the benefit of everyone. I read the original thread (http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19261) while I was logged on and I then spoke to Clamydia about it, who of course reaffirmed that Deathmask was actually just stretching the truth so that the story of him being a horrible player who was rightly ridiculed by his group members, was instead replaced with the fiction that his group members were "douchebags" who failed to communicate properly with him.

When I found out who he was in game I sent him [obviously facetious] tells in all caps using gangsta lingo (which of course I am well versed in, being from the streets and all) saying he shouldn't have dissed LifeAlert on the forums, etc, etc. In reality he never really "dissed" LifeAlert (only a member thereof and I didn't exactly take it personally) so it was pretty clear this was all facetious and not serious etc. He actually played along too, so to suggest he felt threatened is kind of silly.

A couple of things to clarify. First, no one ever "threatened" him. Secondly, Uthgaard didn't just ignore the petition - he spoke to me almost immediately after, asking me why I was harassing a player over an issue I had no involvement in. I'm not sure why this hasn't been mentioned, even by Uthgaard. The fact that he thought the petition was silly and told Deathmask that he could have just resolved the issue himself doesn't imply that he was unwilling to act on the petition. So I think Uthgaard did pretty much everything he was supposed to do, and I think most of you would agree.

Now, surely anyone who had even one iota of sympathy for the OP probably thinks I am very immature. And it's true, I am immature, otherwise I wouldn't find it funny to troll people I've never met before. I'm not coming here to further ridicule "Deathmask" (he does that well enough). I just came here to inform you all of the complete truth of the situation so that you can be even more aware of how little it matters and how much the poster in question is attention-whoring. And if you've somehow reached the opposite conclusion (that he was justified in wetting himself over some harmless trolling, or that Uthgaard was in the wrong), then at least you can back up your conclusion with all of the facts.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 10-17-2010, 03:43 AM
Planar Protector

Also here's the relevant section of the rules:

Quote:
- DO NOT use racist remarks. DO NOT harass people. Limit your use of profanity, especially in public channels. Remember there is a difference between cursing and cursing at someone. You will receive warning, and if you still refuse to cooperate, you will be banned.
Assuming I violated these rules (which I don't even think I did), the correct procedure was followed. Uthgaard warned me, I cooperated, and thus I was not banned. /Thread.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 10-17-2010, 03:57 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/Thread.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Closed Thread