Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2016, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/hug /hug /hug /hug /hug /hug /hug /hug /hug /hug
Old 09-05-2016, 10:30 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The way the coding selects the 25 mobs, is it similar to how the code selects the 4 or 5 mobs hit by a targetted AE spell?

For example, if I have mobs 1-10 in my kite all balled up and I cast a AE Direct Damage spell (4 target cap), every single time the server will select Mobs 1,2,3,4 (names given arbitrarily). It will continue selecting those mobs until they die or are out of range of the AE.

Will PBAE select the same 25 every time or will it be random?
Same system. IIRC it's determined by which mobs have been up the longest (thus they would be at the beginning of the zone's 'entity list'). Or it could be the mobs that have been up the shortest if it's going in reverse... I'd have to look.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 09-05-2016, 10:31 AM
Sarnak

While we do not aim to kill AE groups by any means, we do have to put some limitations on the number of mobs being killed at once, providing significant XP gain with very little risk,// as well as the zone disruptions that have come with it.

ok. First, I want to say on a RED server which is where I am from there is ALLWAYS sigenficant risk if anyone wants to screw you while your swarming belive me they can. snare a mob, root one, or just beat on your face while your trying to swarm. Plus lets face it, since PAOE spells from wizards and mages will hit enchanters / warriors trying to swarm those types of AE's groups don't really exist here.

Next the zone distruptions will not stop due to this, they will INCREASE. Bard pulls 100 mobs in a zone, well he'll just swarm down the first 25, then the next 25 ete. the duration of distruption has just increased possibly by a factor of 4 based on how far you are from the server and how much lag you experience.

I know red is small, but I believe we deserve a certain consiteration with this restriction. Just as we have the exp bonus to off set the fact that we can die at any time, we also have a way of dealing with our own disruptions.

I would also like to point out that swarms of this nature (ya I know same old QQ) is not "classic" infact it wasn't until just a few years ago that they finally clamped down on ALL types of swarming. Each time it was a stop gap measure, they nerf the bards, only to nerf the Eshakers, only to nerf the that clr buff, finally to nerf the beams. As far as I know they've never nerfed PBAE's.
Old 09-05-2016, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

Didn't see anything about discord on the patch notes
Old 09-05-2016, 10:33 AM
Sarnak

AOE changes are welcome, but 3-4 years overdue.

Nothing has probably harmed the server more than the chardok RMT AOE powerleveling mill.
Old 09-05-2016, 10:36 AM
Planar Protector

thanks for patch, whens discord coming out
Old 09-05-2016, 10:38 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beldan4 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While we do not aim to kill AE groups by any means, we do have to put some limitations on the number of mobs being killed at once, providing significant XP gain with very little risk,// as well as the zone disruptions that have come with it.

ok. First, I want to say on a RED server which is where I am from there is ALLWAYS sigenficant risk if anyone wants to screw you while your swarming belive me they can. snare a mob, root one, or just beat on your face while your trying to swarm. Plus lets face it, since PAOE spells from wizards and mages will hit enchanters / warriors trying to swarm those types of AE's groups don't really exist here.

Next the zone distruptions will not stop due to this, they will INCREASE. Bard pulls 100 mobs in a zone, well he'll just swarm down the first 25, then the next 25 ete. the duration of distruption has just increased possibly by a factor of 4 based on how far you are from the server and how much lag you experience.

I know red is small, but I believe we deserve a certain consiteration with this restriction. Just as we have the exp bonus to off set the fact that we can die at any time, we also have a way of dealing with our own disruptions.

I would also like to point out that swarms of this nature (ya I know same old QQ) is not "classic" infact it wasn't until just a few years ago that they finally clamped down on ALL types of swarming. Each time it was a stop gap measure, they nerf the bards, only to nerf the Eshakers, only to nerf the that clr buff, finally to nerf the beams. As far as I know they've never nerfed PBAE's.

Need to ween these types of players on red off their non classic exp bonus nipple. Too much exp bonus the primary reason for low pop on red.
2. item loot
3. teams
4. egg shaped pumice
5. racial faction loss
6. removal of exp loss on pvp death
7. pvp text (i like orange)
Old 09-05-2016, 10:38 AM
Sarnak

I do agree with the Chardok nerf.. although like someone said earlier the nerf for bards will only make matters worse.

Bards will still pull massive kites, but it will take them considerably longer to kill. The knock of effect of this means the mobs are tied up longer, meaning they take longer to respawn.. thus the disturbance to the zone has increased.

Consider this please GMs
Old 09-05-2016, 10:41 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masakizt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do agree with the Chardok nerf.. although like someone said earlier the nerf for bards will only make matters worse.

Bards will still pull massive kites, but it will take them considerably longer to kill. The knock of effect of this means the mobs are tied up longer, meaning they take longer to respawn.. thus the disturbance to the zone has increased.

Consider this please GMs
You admitting to causing zone disruption?
2. item loot
3. teams
4. egg shaped pumice
5. racial faction loss
6. removal of exp loss on pvp death
7. pvp text (i like orange)
Old 09-05-2016, 10:43 AM
Sarnak

With this nerf... yes i am going to disrupt the hell out of your zone! Youre in my zone now !!
Closed Thread