Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 11:11 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgallowaypa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kind of a hijack but maybe someone can shed some insight. I heard that a low Charisma affects the duration of necro fear. Idk if that statement was lore based on how bad you speak the more scared the mob is of you or if there is actually a mechanic based on -CHA. I have seen a lot of necro items with negative CHA and some necros I know rave about it for some reason.
from my understanding necros dont do a Cha check. it is done with mobs resist. so Cha is not needed on necro
Old 05-19-2016, 09:13 PM
Kobold

No data on this, but it feels to me like fear reaches its completion a very high percentage of a time. That is, if the spell isn't resisted initially, then it almost always lasts for every tick that it is supposed to.
Old 05-20-2016, 04:14 AM
Sarnak

Cha helps with lulling on necro. Useful on some camps in HS, but it's a pita to carry around.
Old 05-22-2016, 10:31 AM
Sarnak

USE YOUR LEVEL 24 UNDEAD LULL.

Holy crap. I talk to so many necros who don't abuse this spell and that is criminal. Absolutely mandatory while charm soloing undead dungeons. Does not require LOS so if you get a crit resist then FD. FD Fail? Harmshield and wait for FD reset.
Old 05-23-2016, 04:46 AM
Sarnak

Why not use your lvl 4 lull instead?

I only really ever use lull in HS South because summoners. HS north and west don't need it unless your doing the boss room in north, and even then it's not essential. Pull the room, PE everything , go to town. faster than lulling.

Have seen some necs clear the rooms in north untill all the non ph spawns are undead so they can just lull-pull the nameds/ph. Kinda boring, but can semi afk it.
Old 05-23-2016, 10:47 PM
Kobold

Yeah agreed I'm not using lulls because I want all of the mobs pounding on my pet.

If you don't already have a pet when you want to pull a room, then summon a regular pet. Send it in to aggro then root all the mobs in place. Pet dies then you're ready to charm.

If pet will die before you can root all the mobs, then just root one undead mob and FD. Let other mobs reset. Stand up, cancel magic, ST, and charm. Then send it in to get all the mobs on it.
Old 05-24-2016, 07:27 AM
Planar Protector

I'm not sue id bother with charming too much at 39. Not solo anyway. I think that long lasting roots is really the key to being effective. I messed around with my necro around levl 36 in kaesora and it didn't work very well. I've played a necro and enchantr to max level before so i know generally what to be doing. But i get constant short duration on charm and root, I used screaming terror on that necro somewhere around 15-20 times total since i made him, usually on blues or evens. NEVER ONCE DID IT LAND. I don't know if they have the resist on that spell cranked up on this server(or vrant cranked it uo in velious) or what but that is way out of wack for what I remember on live/classic era. It should land almost all the time on low blues, most time on high blues.
Last edited by DMN; 05-24-2016 at 07:29 AM..
Old 05-24-2016, 09:37 AM
Banned

I think it is a level thing for sure. I started Charming at level 50 in CoM and noticed with every level that I was resisted less and less. Moved to HS basement at 55 and am about to ding 56 and I think ST has never once been resisted.
Old 05-24-2016, 12:21 PM
Sarnak

36 in kaesora is rough. Start at 39+ and things hold much much better.you can even clear enough room in the tunnels to fear kite if charming isn't your thing.
Old 06-13-2016, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

IMO dont charm until you are like 50. This is when spells you will use will be viable mana wise (ST, root..)
Then I'd just do CoM moat to 53, CoM 2nd floor passways to 54, then just go to HS since at 54 you get Deflux - really important for indoors charming.

If HS at 54 sounds a little scary, wait for 56 then just roflstomp HS basement.
Closed Thread