Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2019, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

Default Ghost roots cause reduced dot damage

The last couple months, a few people have been asking around on the forums about whether dot damage was nerfed or changed or bugged. People talking about how they used to kill X mob with A, B, C dots but now they need to recast one of them. People talking about two shaman epic clicks being enough for hill giants previously, but now they need three clicks. Etc

I suspected that "ghost root" was connected. Ghost root is when a mob that is aggrod on you and charging towards you gets rooted and then appears to continue running straight at you, then through you, then directly behind you off into the distance until you move your character. When you move, it reappears in the spot it actually was rooted at. (Ghost root seems to have some trick to reproducing. I can't always root a mob that is approaching me and get it to ghost. It seems like pulling with a non-damaging spell like malaise or cancel magic, then rooting, will always cause the ghost root, but pulling with body aggro then pulling distance to root, or pulling with a dot and rooting, doesn't ever/always cause the ghost.)

Anyway. I just performed a simple test on blue. A rooted Trissa Whistlesong takes 7 or 8% damage pet tick from Vampiric Curse. A kited Trissa Whistlesong takes 5% damage per tick from Vampiric Curse. This is expected behavior for blue, because of moving dot damage reduction.

However, a ghost rooted Trissa Whistlesong ALSO takes only 5% damage per tick from Vampiric Curse, even though she's actually rooted in place and should be taking 7-8% per tick. (I didn't test whether full damage begins happening if you move to end the ghosting or if the lower damage continues, and I'm too lazy to go check now.)

Please fix for those poor shmucks still not on green/teal (and I guess for us on green/teal too when we eventually get kiting dots nerfed).
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 12-07-2019 at 12:10 PM..