Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 06:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BahamutDF [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This was inevitable. Nostalrius grew far too large and had too much attention to ever stay niche enough to have a chance at staying up.
Depends on the country and host.

There are over 100+ places and thousands of hosts where Blizzard can't shut a server down.

For France, yes it was inevitable.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 04-06-2016, 07:00 PM
Fire Giant

Really enjoyed the server.. probably had my best ever world pvp experiences in Wow on Nost due to the ultra high population.

Hopefully the Wow community can take a page from p99 and come up with an approach to have a legacy based WoW server that can appease the gods at Blizzard.

RIP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod View Post
if pitborn isn't online in your emulator, it probably should be wiped clean.
Old 04-06-2016, 08:11 PM
Planar Protector

Yep I didn't stay long but the time there was memorable. Lost count of the amount of people who were easily triggered and susceptible to being trolled without realizing (a lot of them were Russian/east Europeans).
Old 04-06-2016, 08:24 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitborn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really enjoyed the server.. probably had my best ever world pvp experiences in Wow on Nost due to the ultra high population.

Hopefully the Wow community can take a page from p99 and come up with an approach to have a legacy based WoW server that can appease the gods at Blizzard.

RIP.
Blizzard doesn't share Daybreak's philosophy regarding emulated servers. Even operating in a gray area like we did pre-agreement isn't any comfort either, as Blizzard's legal apparatus will drain you financially regardless.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 04-06-2016, 08:36 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

After reading the post on nostalrius.org and change.org, it sounds like all they received was a cease and decist? If so I can't believe they are shutting down on that alone.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 04-06-2016, 08:38 PM
Planar Protector

RIP my 40 rogue on pvp server [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also, blizzard got twitch to ban people streaming their servers. Hope that never happens to p1999.

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 04-06-2016, 08:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
RIP my 40 rogue on pvp server [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also, blizzard got twitch to ban people streaming their servers. Hope that never happens to p1999.
If I were an EQ streamer and that happened I'd just move to MLG or a lesser one like Instagib (ghost town at the moment)
Old 04-06-2016, 09:00 PM
Fire Giant

Only thing bad about Nostalrius was the ping and the elitism (My guild was not even top 20 on that server and was benching players for Molten Core).

RIP to the server, I played it for the first 3 weeks and had some fun.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:03 PM
Planar Protector

Awww... I better let my wolf go free, to one last time scamper through the woods and make piles of dog shite where he wills. Will miss ya lil Paws. o7

Oh well, hated the game on live, tried it years after release. just wanted to play the vanilla version which I remember people saying it was much better then. It was playable, but far from the best.

Interesting Bliz is going after them, it's not like the live servers, and doesn't make me want to play nor quit playing on live. Still the same, want nothing to do with the modern game, of any blizzard games for that matter.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:04 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rec [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The evil blizzard strikes again

https://en.nostalrius.org/
Their forum mods must have sore fingers from hitting the DELETE THREAD button so many times. Remarkable how far WOW has fallen and how crap their business model is now.
Closed Thread