Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2019, 08:34 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only certain raid-level mobs are belly casters. Usually dragons like Naggy/Vox. Not your average run of the mill xp mob.
Okay that makes more sense. If the mob is a belly caster, I would need to be at its belly to cast Harmony?

Werga ⋆ Level 29 Shaman ⋆ Troll
Taruuk ⋆ Level 14 Necromancer ⋆ Dark Elf

Old 10-08-2019, 08:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee12874 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay that makes more sense. If the mob is a belly caster, I would need to be at its belly to cast Harmony?
Yes, you need to be standing in Naggy's crotch to fire it off. That's the only way he likes to receive Harmony.

You'll know you're too far away because you'll receive the “Your target resisted the SPELLNAME spell" message for your unresistable spell. If you turn on autoattack and are within melee range then you're also close enough to belly cast (you should try to always cast from underneath anyway to prevent over-aggro ping-pong).

Probably incomplete list of belly casters: every outdoor dragon except Fay, every indoor dragon, VS, VP dragons, all indoor fire/ice giants, ashenbone drakes (hate), golems (fear), CT.

Edit: on live Fay is not a belly caster, but apparently on p99 it is. Also add Phinigel.
Last edited by BlackBellamy; 10-08-2019 at 08:57 AM..
Old 10-08-2019, 09:20 AM
Sarnak

Haven’t had a chance to see the changes in action yet, but thank you staff for the quick turn around on this!
Old 10-08-2019, 09:25 AM
Planar Protector

Yes I would think so.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:39 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogean: Belly Casting now applies to unresistable spells.
Pretty sure Porlos Fury worked from range back in the day?
Old 10-08-2019, 10:01 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baakss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure Porlos Fury worked from range back in the day?
We’ll make sure this is working for Bane spells, if not we'll get it fixed.
Old 10-08-2019, 10:04 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We’ll make sure this is working for Bane spells, if not we'll get it fixed.
Thanks <3
Old 10-08-2019, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

Unresistable spells never required belly casting to my knowledge, because they skipped the Resist check phase of spell casting where Belly Casting would be assessed.

To this day belly casting mobs on Live EQ can be Tash and Malo’d from range for example.

Is there some patch note I’ve missed indicating a change in this mechanic?

The issue I noticed on P99 with belly casting wasn’t with Unresistable spells working but instead with hate being generated on mobs when you would cast or click items out of belly range. Those spells cast out of range should be immediately resisted and generate essentially 0 aggro.
Old 10-08-2019, 11:39 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unresistable spells never required belly casting to my knowledge, because they skipped the Resist check phase of spell casting where Belly Casting would be assessed.

To this day belly casting mobs on Live EQ can be Tash and Malo’d from range for example.

Is there some patch note I’ve missed indicating a change in this mechanic?

The issue I noticed on P99 with belly casting wasn’t with Unresistable spells working but instead with hate being generated on mobs when you would cast or click items out of belly range. Those spells cast out of range should be immediately resisted and generate essentially 0 aggro.
The discussion initially came up discussing how mana drain spells should work on belly casters.