Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 11:56 AM
Banned

Default Grats BDA

I would like to take a step back and give credit where credit is due. There has been a lot of saltiness on the server lately and we need to all remember that we are EQ Bros together. With that, this weekend BDA successfully killed Master Yael AND the ENTIRE Royal family in Chardok. Unfortunately the Zerg got caught in a death loop in Kedge on Phinny attempts when Chest advised all casters to bind at zone in, but it was a valiant effort. If anyone can help the BDA caster squad level from 57 back to 60 I'm sure it would be appreciated so they can get back to ToV and watch FAT kill dragons.

Happy Monday bitches
Old 12-07-2015, 12:23 PM
Banned

spawn more overlords
Old 12-07-2015, 12:26 PM
Sarnak

Bregan d'Aspgers was the best thread name of 2015.

More seriously though, I was wondering why BDA was going in-fucking-sane in RnF lately, then I checked their guild thread and saw their pretty much kill a VP dragon here and then and sometimes raid broodmother in Velks.

makes sense. Lot of free time indeed

Maybe they will comment on FAT killing both CT and KT so far on this repop.
Old 12-07-2015, 12:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prismaticshop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bregan d'Aspgers was the best thread name of 2015.

More seriously though, I was wondering why BDA was going in-fucking-sane in RnF lately, then I checked their guild thread and saw their pretty much kill a VP dragon here and then and sometimes raid broodmother in Velks.

makes sense. Lot of free time indeed

Lucky for them <Dial a Port> was suspended from Broodmother, or it would have been another loss.
Old 12-07-2015, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Outsider's perspective:

I always chortle when people look down their noses at a guild for insufficient relative skill in pooping in socks.

Is BDA incapable of killing mobs or are they just less capable of fielding a raid-capable force 24/7 or hell even 12/7?
Incapable of killing mobs or just less capable of killing mobs with a bunch of neckbeards stalking and skulking vulture style for the slightest of slip-ups?

To be honest, a guild that gets fewer kills due to not being competitive for >80% of the available HOURS p99 is online doesn't imply failure ... it actually implies a greater degree of success in RL.

So yeah, my outsider's perspective is that the most competitive raiding forces on this server are only the most successful for one of two (or both) reasons:

1) higher number of available total players
2) willingness of said raiding playerbase to fuck themselves in RL for pixels on an old emulated game.

Raiding on p99 has nothing to do with skill, only willingness to sacrifice your fucking life for a video game.

For the record: I'm not in BDA, the FAT alliance, Rampage, or any raid-competitive guild. There was a time when I raided 20-40 hours a week on live and was cutting edge ... but then I grew the fuck up.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 12-07-2015, 01:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Outsider's perspective:

I always chortle when people look down their noses at a guild for insufficient relative skill in pooping in socks.

Is BDA incapable of killing mobs or are they just less capable of fielding a raid-capable force 24/7 or hell even 12/7?
Incapable of killing mobs or just less capable of killing mobs with a bunch of neckbeards stalking and skulking vulture style for the slightest of slip-ups?

To be honest, a guild that gets fewer kills due to not being competitive for >80% of the available HOURS p99 is online doesn't imply failure ... it actually implies a greater degree of success in RL.

So yeah, my outsider's perspective is that the most competitive raiding forces on this server are only the most successful for one of two (or both) reasons:

2) willingness of said raiding playerbase to fuck themselves in RL for pixels on an old emulated game.

Raiding on p99 has nothing to do with skill, only willingness to sacrifice your fucking life for a video game.

For the record: I'm not in BDA, the FAT alliance, Rampage, or any raid-competitive guild. There was a time when I raided 20-40 hours a week on live and was cutting edge ... but then I grew the fuck up.
this isn't about play time or poopsocking. it's about lack of skill in a pretty easy game. you grew the fuck up but you sure didn't get any smarter
Old 12-07-2015, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prismaticshop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Br
3 guilds for 1 mob. Sounds like a great time.
Old 12-07-2015, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this isn't about play time or poopsocking. it's about lack of skill in a pretty easy game. you grew the fuck up but you sure didn't get any smarter
This game doesn't take skill or intelligence rofl ... the mechanics are mind-numbingly simple and literally everything has already been figured out FOR you before you ever get to it ... whether it's the appropriate strategy for killing Sontalak/Vyemm or the best way to level your potter to 223.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 12-07-2015, 01:17 PM
Kobold

Troxx with the surprising accuracy in RnF. Hasgard Krew will continue being toxic, too much immersion.
Old 12-07-2015, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Outsider's perspective:

I'll respond to this.

I consider myself successful in RL. I work sometimes more than 8 hours a day, M through F. My family lives comfortably, meaning we have AC/Heat on when we want it, we use ALL the hot water in our Hot Water Heater when we want and eat delicious steaks when we want, including Crab, Salmon and more.

I absolutely love P99 and what the staff has done to keep this nostalgia around. I don't have much time to play but raiding is fun and generally playing the game is fun.

Of recent there has been some pretty hefty competition on targets BDA wouldn't have an issue taking down. Without getting in to the bitching and complaining (rules and other) it's been a bummer to miss some of the targets but eventually we will get them and we will do it the BDA way. Take it how you will, but ya, most of BDA are working just like I do and most have busy RL stuff in general.

Thanks for your insight.