Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 01:40 AM
Kobold

I think wizard and bard is a decent choice. Really, if you want to play ranger, you should. Yes, they aren’t great at high levels, but who cares if you’re enjoying it. Rangers also get one of the best buffs in the game, call of the predator, which salvages some of their value. Anyways, bards are busy but tons of fun and enjoyable. I haven’t played wizard, but I am sure porting and insane burst dps are great.

Remember it’s just a game. Have fun.
Tooround Tofit - 60 Ogre Warrior
Flyhalf - 58 Halfling Cleric
Eamonn - 55 Half Elf Bard
Blood Guard
Old 03-04-2018, 03:40 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumtick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think wizard and bard is a decent choice. Really, if you want to play ranger, you should. Yes, they aren’t great at high levels, but who cares if you’re enjoying it. Rangers also get one of the best buffs in the game, call of the predator, which salvages some of their value. Anyways, bards are busy but tons of fun and enjoyable. I haven’t played wizard, but I am sure porting and insane burst dps are great.

Remember it’s just a game. Have fun.
Youll have more fun playing a class you want to play. I play bard and I love it mostly bc I just enjoy the fact I can run fast as hell!! I also love the utility I offer groups. But they are busy, youll be constantly clicking so get ready for that.
Old 03-04-2018, 10:47 AM
Aviak

Yeah, I play a bard on live and this duo is just for fun with my brother. I’ve been maining a shaman here. I just think it’ll be fun to grab a swarm and aoe then down together with a wizard. Plus free ports
Old 03-05-2018, 02:42 AM
Planar Protector

Most important? Rangers are fun as hell to play. If you want to play a powerhouse class it is not going to fit that bill. If you don’t suck it’s a very capable class.

Fun class worth playing.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 03-05-2018, 03:01 AM
Fire Giant

Ranger is awesome and fun. This server is full of nubs who are incredibly far removed from the spirit of classic EQ, nevermind the spirit of an emulated server that won't see another expansion. Play what you want to play and enjoy the game.

<The A-Team>
Old 03-05-2018, 03:15 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Ranger and Bard is a super fun duo up to like 54.

If you’re still playing any class combination after 54 well then God help you.
Old 03-05-2018, 11:00 AM
Banned

Wizard/Bard is not a typical duo IMO but I can see how the quad style of leveling would be very good with this combo.
Old 03-05-2018, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

Bard and wiz have lots of options. Bard can just mez mobs while wizard nukes (no chance for root break or taking aggro). Or fear kite it while nuke. Or take aggro on 4 mobs and let wiz just stand and ae nuke (just make sure to lay in like 5+ selo's chains on each mob first). Or just straight up bard ae kite until like 50% and wizard AE them down.

Plus the mana regen.

Also ghetto swarm kiting (REAL swarm kiting with charm), where bard can mez a bunch of mobs together in a pile and wizard roots them all, then bard charms one and makes it attack group. Since charm aggro doesnt work right on p99 and actual swarm kiting isnt possible.
Old 03-05-2018, 01:19 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bard and wiz have lots of options. Bard can just mez mobs while wizard nukes (no chance for root break or taking aggro). Or fear kite it while nuke. Or take aggro on 4 mobs and let wiz just stand and ae nuke (just make sure to lay in like 5+ selo's chains on each mob first). Or just straight up bard ae kite until like 50% and wizard AE them down.

Plus the mana regen.

Also ghetto swarm kiting (REAL swarm kiting with charm), where bard can mez a bunch of mobs together in a pile and wizard roots them all, then bard charms one and makes it attack group. Since charm aggro doesnt work right on p99 and actual swarm kiting isnt possible.
That sounds amazing thanks for the tips!
Old 03-12-2018, 09:35 PM
Sarnak

In all this poo pooing of Rangers, no one mentions pulling? Or tracking?

PlY what you want. If you want to play a Ranger, look for the good in them, and play one.