Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 04:11 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Unhappy please stop killing cauldronboil !

it's a really rude move to druids exping in kedge, and i see it happening all the time. he drops garbage... literally nothing of value. now, cauldronbubble drops hammerhead helm, which is okay, and i guess i can kinda understand if ppl want a shot at that item, but seriously. you're killing a mob that has a 6 hr (not guaranteed) respawn for basically nothing and really only hurting druids trying to get some experience. yea i know this only applies to like the 5 or so druids that actually exp in kedge, and most will just gloss over this, but just saying!

i just had an exchange with someone who killed him and didn't know any better and just completely killed the momentum for my exp for the night, so i'm posting this thread as a PSA in hopes that anyone who sees a named shark on track in kedge that thinks they're about to cash in on some phat lewts is not. just don't do it!!! ty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Cauldronboil loot:

Kedgemail Gauntlets

MAGIC ITEM NO DROP
Slot: HANDS
AC: 11
STR: +3 DEX: +5 MANA: +25
WT: 3.0 Size: SMALL
Class: PAL RNG SHD BRD ROG SHM
Race: ALL

Sharkjaw Cutlass

MAGIC ITEM
Slot: PRIMARY SECONDARY
Skill: 1H Slashing Atk Delay: 32
DMG: 10
WT: 2.0 Size: MEDIUM
Class: WAR PAL RNG SHD BRD ROG
Race: ALL
Zurui - 58 Gnome Enchanter of Bertoxxulous
Kyura - 56 High Elf Cleric of Tunare
Blue Server - Retired
Twitch
Old 02-04-2016, 10:15 AM
Banned

Your first problem is that you are XPing in Kedge. Literally the worst zone in the history of EQ
Old 02-04-2016, 10:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your first problem is that you are XPing in Kedge. Literally the worst zone in the history of EQ
Did you play wow before you played eq?
Old 02-04-2016, 10:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you play wow before you played eq?
Yes I did, I really enjoyed WoW for several years.

I also played Ultima Online, Everquest, Everquest II, Dark Age of Camelot, Horizons, Lineage II, Age of Conan, Darkfall, D&D Online, Elder Scrolls Online, Final Fantasy XIV, Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Lord of the Rings Online, Rift, Shadowbane, The Old Republic, and 100s of other games.

WoW and Kedge Keep having nothing to do with one another. Kedge is a gimicky zone that is poorly designed. I have been raiding Phinigel on the TLP server ever week so I have been in Kedge at least once a week for the last month and confirm that it is still the worst zone in EQ history.

Zone is trash and should be deleted. Really awesome idea for a all underwater zone, but super poorly implemented and doesnt fit with EQ mechanics well AT ALL
Old 02-04-2016, 10:53 AM
Planar Protector

I like Kedge. It's fun and the exp is insane.
Old 02-04-2016, 10:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That zone is very good xp and very challenging. I made a lot of pp leveling up there as a druid. All druids should be required to level up there for a few levels as a right of passage!
Old 02-04-2016, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

Way to tell people evaluate items are worth to them OP. Ever consider there may be others less fortunate than yourself?
Old 02-04-2016, 11:35 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Those gloves really aren't all that bad. Granted they don't have any resists, but compare them to other gloves that a Shaman can get, for example: http://wiki.project1999.com/Special:...Hands/AllItems

They are nearly comparable to gloves that drop in Kael: http://wiki.project1999.com/Gauntlets_of_Iron_Tactics
Old 02-04-2016, 11:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Kedge can be a great xp zone for druids.

Personally, I mostly just suicide charm killed. I assume OP is killing non animals as well, which can be decent I suppose. I only used boil for Estrella and such myself.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:46 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
except for that whole thing where it has a huge ZEM, despite being nerfed once already back in kunark