Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

I'll take the bait. Why should I stop killing him?
Old 02-04-2016, 12:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your first problem is that you are XPing in Kedge. Literally the worst zone in the history of EQ
Probably shouldn't post anymore in this thread.

ZEM as stated in other posts is actually really good and if you have an EB item or are willing to keep casting EB on yourself it is nice due to being out of the way and some of the very reasons you stated in your follow up post to this one.

What you may not like about it others may actually enjoy.

I think the WoW question was valid.
Old 02-04-2016, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

I can't say I ever use Cauldronboil for EXPing purposes. Only for farming purposes.

If you charm him, you are dealing with him crushing everything he fights which means you are either eating the 50% exp penalty for him doing all the damage when solo, you are grouped up (bad Druid), you are breaking charm every fight to finish off the mob and then recharm him (inefficient).

It's far more efficient to just charm roughly equivalent mobs and have them fight then break and kill 2 mobs after using mana for just a single charm. Most rooms in the zone favor this kill style. Undertow's room has 2, patriarch room has 2, boil room has 2-3, frenzied room has 3, back of seahorse caves has 2 (roamer included), seahorse cave main room has 3, etc. So you are usually in good shape having 2 mobs fight, break pet, kill both and move to the next room.

Rather than charming this guy and having to break him after 30 seconds to kill 1 mob.

For purposes of brute-force clearing out PHers at patriarch, frenzied, ferocious, and cauldronbubble - he does do well though. And I can agree his loot is extremely useless.
Old 02-04-2016, 01:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Way to tell people evaluate items are worth to them OP. Ever consider there may be others less fortunate than yourself?
Anyone who can kill a named in kedge is not less fortunate
Old 02-04-2016, 03:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your first problem is that you are XPing in Kedge. Literally the BEST zone in the history of EQ
Fixed
Old 02-04-2016, 03:31 PM
Banned

As melee scum the idea of soloing is foreign to me - i'll go ahead and sit the rest of this one out
Old 02-04-2016, 04:18 PM
Fire Giant

#blueproblems
Old 02-04-2016, 05:06 PM
Kobold

You realize that by complaining about this, killing said mob is going to happen more now.
Old 02-04-2016, 10:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
#blueproblems

Warlok Goatassin
Luminary Polyester
Master Cotten
Old 02-04-2016, 10:22 PM
Sarnak

Kedge is Love
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]