Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 01:52 PM
Fire Giant

Default Thoughts on reincarnation

I have a theory that reincarnation is a legit thing, though not necessarily in the same way it's traditionally viewed.

See, energy cannot be created or destroyed, but the amount of energy in the universe IS finite. This holds true for all energy, including souls. I believe that most people today are essentially NPCs, because the number of people greatly outweighs the number of souls available. While some people are born with souls, most are not simply because there aren't enough to go around. This explains a lot. From the grossly successful people who have risen the ranks by any degenerate means necessary (they have the compulsion for success but not the soul to act as a governor of their actions) to the fat girls who dress like they weigh 115 and think they're sexy. These people lack souls and are thus lacking self awareness. Hollow if you will.

Ancient civilizations were somehow able to figure out the gist of things like the big bang, quite possibly because early on some souls were reincarnated retaining knowledge of past lives. Following this logic, it's entirely possible for whomever was responsible for the georgia guide stones to have some sort of insider knowledge of how many souls there are available. Perhaps 500,000,000 is in the neighborhood of how many souls are available.

Every culture has had some belief regarding reincarnation, or at least the soul living on after the physical body dies. The viking soul went to one of several ethereal planes depending on how the soul lived (and died) in the physical world. Native americans believed the soul returned to nature with the body. Buddhists believe the soul takes up another body upon death to come back and learn another lesson. It's important to not deny or ignore that which cannot be quantified by trendy current science, and to remember that not all ancient knowledge is the result of drug use or primitive rationalization. Our ancestors knew some stuff that they had no right knowing by today's standards. What are your thoughts on reincarnation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin5k View Post
Here is the secret to success in EverQuest

Lower your expectations and increase your play time
Old 12-08-2016, 02:09 PM
Banned

Tagged for after morning meditation
Old 12-08-2016, 02:33 PM
Fire Giant

All children of God, much like yourself perhaps.

Everyone has a soul, but freedom is the hardest environment to govern yourselves in. Greater virtue can be found where choice has less authority, great quote my Machiavelli -- and choice has ALL the authority in the world we live in.

I don't know if souls are reincarnated. My people have some beliefs about aspects of personality, and some essence of the people who died around the time you are born being passed on but I don't know if that's reincarnation so much as recognition that we are not that much different in any significant sense than all the humans who came before us. Mostly just inhabit different paradigms with the same machinery.
Old 12-08-2016, 02:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All children of God, much like yourself perhaps.

Everyone has a soul, but freedom is the hardest environment to govern yourselves in. Greater virtue can be found where choice has less authority, great quote my Machiavelli -- and choice has ALL the authority in the world we live in.

I don't know if souls are reincarnated. My people have some beliefs about aspects of personality, and some essence of the people who died around the time you are born being passed on but I don't know if that's reincarnation so much as recognition that we are not that much different in any significant sense than all the humans who came before us. Mostly just inhabit different paradigms with the same machinery.
I feel like "children of god" should be understood in much more ambiguous terms. God being the all encompassing term for consciousness and superanimalistic knowledge. God being the creator in the sense that what we perceive is real, thus consciousness creates reality. The children of that idea of god being those who are aware aka have souls.

Who are your people btw? I know of a few cultures who believe that traits of recently dead relatives are passed on to children born shortly after their physical death.

Quote:

Old 12-08-2016, 02:58 PM
Planar Protector

pipedream
Old 12-08-2016, 03:01 PM
Fire Giant

Rick has some insider knowledge of the afterlfe, thus proving it exists

Please share with the group, rick

Quote:

Old 12-08-2016, 03:08 PM
Banned

Sorry bud, but you've confused the material universe for being the entirety of existence. If you're sincere about this line of inquiry, there are some ancient texts from the Buddhists (namely Tibetan book of the dead) as well as plenty from Hinduism that delineate the existence of the spiritual-infinite world and the material world. These ancient religions state that the human body is no different from a material animal who lives purely for sense gratification except for the our soul, which allows us the ability to engage in spiritual development and escape this plane of suffering.

Tl;dr material (atomic) energy is finite. God energy is infinite. Spirit/soul comes from god energy.
Old 12-08-2016, 03:13 PM
Banned

However, the people you suggested as spiritually undeveloped (seekers of material wealth as life calling) etc, would probably be considered young souls that have not made much progress in their former lives, or only recently began human expressions of existence
Old 12-08-2016, 03:51 PM
Banned

The Georgia Guidestones are a construct sponsored by uber-rich racist Eugenicists who plan to wipe out 90% of the world population.
Old 12-08-2016, 04:00 PM
Large Bat

It's a thought but it still sounds like a very far stretch to me. Just enjoy and live life. I find that worrying about whether or not I'm going to hell or where I'll go when I die just makes me miserable. But it is fun to ponder on. I personally believe when we die. Well, we die. There's nothing more. Once the brain dies so does our consciousness. Just like before we were born.
Closed Thread