Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 09:32 AM
Planar Protector

I'm bummed by how few people echoed the "all we need is weekly, primetime repops" idea [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It wouldn't make blue a utopia, but it'd mitigate the main issues that people seem to have with the higher-level scene, don't you think?

There'd be 1.5-2x as many raid targets to kill over the course of a month. Epic bottlenecks would open up to some extent as things like fear golems, verina tomb, etc. become less locked down by poopsockers because those same poopsockers would be rushing after "big" kills at the repops (besides respawning more often on the whole). A couple big guilds wouldn't be able to snag all of the "big" targets every time, leaving up still-significant things for longer periods for more casual guilds to take some shots at. Etc.
Old 07-10-2017, 09:52 AM
Fire Giant

fix the rogue epic haste

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but as far as luclin goes I dont really get it, like, if you like all that stuff why not just go play live? you can play luclin fine on live. I just dont get it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not the same. When I was going through my 'level a ranger to 105' phase last year I logged on Phinigel to see the big deal. Made an assling rogue, zoned out into Misty Thicket, wait what is this no everything is wrong you can use /barter here why did they keep the zone revamps no everything's no is wrong why would you want this
Last edited by Bummey; 07-10-2017 at 09:56 AM..
Old 07-10-2017, 10:23 AM
Fire Giant

Remove random pet levels!
Old 07-10-2017, 11:12 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Even in 1999 I wondered why enchanters made vials of mana, and why mages had the malosi line and the damage shield line. Seems to me wizards should have had these, being the mana harvesters and masters of elemental damage they are.
Old 07-10-2017, 11:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryjenkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even in 1999 I wondered why enchanters made vials of mana, and why mages had the malosi line and the damage shield line. Seems to me wizards should have had these, being the mana harvesters and masters of elemental damage they are.
I also always thought it strange that Enchanters got the Clarity line and Int buff and not Wizards. This simple change would make Wizards 1000% more desirable in groups and everyone would still be in love with Enchanters.
Old 07-10-2017, 11:40 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheToolmanTaylor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
all the casuals dont need to spend hours looking at walls if they can buy stuff.
yeah they just have to spend 10x as long farming the plat to buy the stuff makes perfect sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheToolmanTaylor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
also this will cause detoxx to sell vulak gear "for the guild bank".
hehehehe

"its just for bladestopper recharge money I promise"
Old 07-10-2017, 11:51 AM
Kobold

Personally, I feel like Luclin still had a fairly classic feel, and would like to see it released at some point. However, I don't think it'd be a good idea to enable turning your character into a vendor (/bazaar or /trader or whatever it was) - actual player interaction and communication was part of "classic", at least to me.

Planes of Power, while having some really cool content, was the beginning of the "let's make it easier for everyone to do X, Y, and Z" transition that the old Everquest we knew and loved went through, and really dumbed things down too much with the whole "just click on these 2 books to, in 5 minutes, travel the distance that just last week took you 2+ hours on foot, 1 hour if you had SoW, 30-40 mins if you were a bard, 20 mins if you could find a porter, and 10 mins if you were a porter" thing.

IMO - As much as we all love the true "classic" feel of Everquest, one of the biggest things that contributed to the whole feel was that it was constantly evolving and progressing. P99 is doomed to dwindle if we reach a point where there is literally nothing "new" left to release, because the "feel" of anticipation, need to prepare for the next big thing, or work towards something new, it will soon be absent, and people will look elsewhere for it. Luclin is "classic enough" to me, if it means that P99 can continue having a legitimate following.
Last edited by Toomuch; 07-10-2017 at 12:05 PM..
Old 07-10-2017, 11:57 AM
Kobold

As far as the "wipe red" and "diety change RP quests" ideas go, you all have inspired a couple gears to turn in my head, and come up with something truly interesting sounding (at least to me). Team-based PVP server, like Sullon Zek, but slightly different than anything seen before... Hear me out, I think this could be really freaking cool:

1: There will be 3 'Teams' or 'sides' - Good, Neutral, and Evil.
1a. Unlike Sullon Zek, the neutral team will be the true pacifists, and are not flagged to be able to engage in PvP. The real struggle is a battle between good and evil, and neutral people just do not want to get involved with killing each other (or do not want to do it anymore...).
1b. The 'Good' team will be those player characters that worship Erollisi Marr, Karana, Mithaniel Marr, Prexus, Rodcet Nife, Quellious, The Tribunal, and Tunare.
1c. The 'Evil' team will be those player characters that worship Bertoxxulous, Brell Serilis, Bristlebane, Cazic Thule, Innoruuk, Rallos Zek, Solusek Ro, and Veeshan.
1d. The 'Neutral' team will be those player characters that are Agnostic. (Agnostic would need to be enabled as an option for every legitimate race/class combination)

2: Team members can do RP based quests to either follow or unfollow a deity, and can effectively change teams.
2a. Any time a deity is picked, including at character creation, a lockout timer begins counting down from 336 hours (2 weeks) of played time, or 672 hours (4 weeks) of real time, before a deity change can take place (again). This would be in place to prevent too much team-swapping.
2b. The difficulty/complexity of these quests will vary based upon level range. **Possible Examples, open to ideas/suggestions**: under level 30, you may change your deity (or go Agnostic) by simply handing in your Tome of Order and Discord to a Priest of Discord, and can simply re-pick. After that, someone level 30-49 must complete a larger, more dangerous run-around quest, and receive a "Greater Tome of Order and Discord", and can again simply re-pick who they follow. Anyone level 50+ has to do a legitimately difficult/drawn out quest in order to change which deity they follow, or to go Agnostic, which quest would be very specific to your deity of choice.
2c. Players may only follow deities that they would normally be allowed to select at the character creation screen (with some possible exceptions for balance? Further discussion needed...) and of course allowing all players to be agnostic if they so choose.
2d. Characters will not be able to group with anyone that is not on their Deity Team. Characters will not be able to invite someone to join their guild that is not on their Deity Team. Beneficial effects can not be used on members of another team.

Lastly: Wipe Red, reboot with this underlying ruleset, and keep pretty much the rest of Red's ruleset. Red would be a lot more fun with A: a reboot, and B: a more fun ruleset like this. I remember back on Sullon Zek, some instances of needing to depend on certain team-mates who were were (at the time) in guilds I didn't particularly care for, and ended up making some good friends out of it. Team pvp creates a new level of hard-coded inter-dependency, which makes for a really fun, dynamic, and even immersive experience.
Old 07-10-2017, 12:01 PM
Fire Giant

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomuch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99 is doomed to dwindle if we reach a point where there is literally nothing "new" left to release, because the "feel" of anticipation, need to prepare for the next big thing, or work towards something new, that is absent, and people will look elsewhere for it. Luclin is "classic enough" to me, if it means that P99 can continue on being a thing.
i seen people say this, but it a really foreign thing to me. i got no feels for what coming. no anticipation. i just happy to get to revisit and spend time in this world that I thought evaporated many years ago. im a odd duck, but I have gathered many others here are too. i dunno that p99 need to progress beyond it mission to survive. I don't think it do ^^
Old 07-10-2017, 12:13 PM
Banned

I personally do not participate in PVP on Everquest because it is sh!t, but it seems the deity thing would not work unless you made a lot of changes. The good team would be the only ones with Clerics? Can DE still worship an evil god while clericing? Monks are either Quellis or Agnostic only. Necromancers are all evil...

I have not hashed it all out but somehow you would need to enable it so every group was able to pick any class or it would probably not work very well. The knights would be the only exception I can think of that would not be game breaking by only being able to be good or evil.
Closed Thread