Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > Mechanics

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

By utilizing geometry and no they don't run at selos speed.

The Tormax script is completely trivialized due to the ability to pull him. If you had to fight him in his room it would be way more challenging.

Zone line fixed it because you drop off the list when you zone. If someone who you don't want is on the list, they zone out and in. Repeat until person you want on Rampage is on Rampage.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:32 PM
Banned

But zoning shouldn't clear list according to this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some Rampage info:

http://www.evilgamer.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21 originally posted at the Safehouse, copied to evilgamer.

Contrary to the Aggro list, the order in rampage list is NOT modifiable, even if you zone, camp out, die, when you will come back in melee range and attack, you will be back at your spot in the rampage list, and be rampaged again if it's your turn.

- FAQ:
Q: What happens if Tank2 dies, or gets out of melee range?
A: The mob will pick the next person on his rampage list (Cleric1 in this exemple)

Q: I am on rampage but not supposed to be, what do I do?
A: Run out of the mob's melee range

Q: But I am a cleric and I will be out of range for CH if I do that.
A: Run out of range anyway and ask someone to replace you asap. You will die if you don't run out of range. You will still be able to do long range heals, heal other people running to camp for a heal, etc

Q: Would it be possible to send in 3 or 4 warriors for the first rampage proc so a cleric isnt rampaged if one warr dies ?
A: Yes certainly, let's say you want Tank1, Tank2, Tank3, Tank4, Tank5 on rampage list, in this order. All you have to do is have them all shoot arrows before the first rampage. Make Tank1 shoot 100 arrows, Tank2 50, Tank3 25 , Tank4 10, Tank5 1 arrow. And you will have an aggro list in this order once the first rampage happens, and the rampage list will be the same order.

Q: Or would that make the mob rampage more than just 2 ppl ?
A: No, it would still be Two targets max.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:02 PM
Orc

This is hardly the place for this conversation, however to clarify. I know nothing about pulling Tmax to zone line to set rampage, you pull him to zone line in order to split him from his guards.

I am sure you will see it done in the future.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Dretti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But zoning shouldn't clear list according to this
Dunno how much I believe that. That is the first time I've ever heard of rampage being such a rigid list. Zoning, Death, and Fade/FD always reset your position in the list until you reaggroed the mob.

It is from Luclin era (that quote)... and clearly if you've read this forum, anything from Luclin must die by fire.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:57 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also considering the technical aspects of maintaining a rampage list that persists through zoning, means that the list would have to be tracking by Character ID or Name. I find it highly unlikely that any form of rampage would have been coded like that, instead of using entity ID's or pointers.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Closed Thread