Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 05:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any suggestions on raising swimming skill quickly? there somewhere where you can swim into a corner or something while you eat lunch? :P
I'm not sure this still exists, but if you level in Oasis or Lake of Ill Omen and run along the coastline, but with your feet in the water, your swimming skill will go up. Was usually good for 60 or so skillups on my chars over the course of those zones.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:18 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderklocke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Swim in first person mode is my advice.
People play in 3rd person? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The immersion for EQ (for me) came from seeing the world in 1st-person. Every other MMORPG I've played has defaulted to 3rd person view (WoW looked very pretty when zoomed in to 1st-person, but was a pain in the arse to play that way).
Old 03-04-2013, 06:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any suggestions on raising swimming skill quickly? there somewhere where you can swim into a corner or something while you eat lunch? :P
Put game in windowed mode. Enter the water and point your camera at the sky while in first person mode. Press Left or Right while swimming and then click out of the EQ window on your desktop. This will make you swim automatically above water in tight circles... you won't go under and your swimming will skill up. Proceed to eat lunch.
Last edited by Bill Tetley; 03-04-2013 at 06:26 PM..
Old 03-04-2013, 06:23 PM
Aviak

Innothule Swamp worked for me, but then again I was a troll. You just run through the shallow parts and skill will start to go up slowly. Had my skill above 40 by the time I left.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
easiest way to do it is to find a body of water where you won't get attacked. Then go into it and angle your camera up and start swimming in a circle, while doing this then hit your enter key to bring up chat, your character will keep swimming in a circle. Finally, AFK for the night.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:42 PM
Fire Giant

Most of you probably remember maxing your swimming on live by numlocking into a corner with your head just above water. Somehow this trick has been defeated for us on P99.

I have a theory: the code calculates how far you have moved since your last skillup check and modifies the chance of getting that skillup accordingly. In other words, if you are stationary you have zero chance. Conversely - if you are flying along with sow speed or better and getting your toes wet occasionally, you have a much increased chance of skillup.

I also play a troll and had a pretty good swimming skill before leaving the swamp. This headstart may have amplified my skillup chances - I've spent no time purposefully trying to raise the swimming skill and I am at about 196 I think, possibly because I was moving faster through the water on those occasions when I needed to swim. Others (notably a particular barbarian) have run in the same circles as I have for about the same amount of time and have dismal skill by comparison.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:12 PM
Planar Protector

Calidore... like the planet from Sentinel Worlds: Future Magic?

That'd be a super awesome and ridiculously obscure reference.

It'd be less fun it is a Keats reference, even though SWFM prolly was doing the same thing.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:39 PM
Planar Protector

I have been able to have swimming go up by swimming into walls barely angled, so I eventually move. For some reason this stopped working super well for me. I've tried pressing "shift" + "/" to swim in auto circle. However, what worked best for me was just swimming to seafury island any time I was going to take boat to there. If you make a habit of swimming when you are traveling by water, you will reach 200 easily.

I feel like swimming is capped like other level related skills if I remember right.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:48 PM
Aviak

Mistmoore pond :-P.

Get invis and swim against the wall!

(Or Crushbone perhaps?)

Anywhere you are exping- if you are just sitting there waiting for pulls...people to get mana...to join a group..start "auto-running" into a wall while swimming in the water. It'll skill up quickly!

(My SK is like lvl 28? and is maxed on swimming currently :P)
Old 03-04-2013, 09:49 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
easiest way to do it is to find a body of water where you won't get attacked. Then go into it and angle your camera up and start swimming in a circle, while doing this then hit your enter key to bring up chat, your character will keep swimming in a circle. Finally, AFK for the night.
I was curious how people did this. Forget my above post, this is a great idea. lol
Closed Thread