Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 04:24 PM
Aviak

Default Swimming Tips?

Greetings everyone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm fairly new to Project1999 but I did play EverQuest from 1999 to 2004. I'm having questions about swimming... Mainly I can't recall swimming being so difficult to do. I use Mouselook to move but for some reason, when I'm swimming, I can't go up or down using the mouse. The camera angle moves, but my body doesn't... I have to press Key-9 or Key-3 to be able to move in those directions. Is that how it is intended to work? I guess I just don't recall having to swim like that in Classic times...
Old 03-04-2013, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

Swim in first person mode is my advice. Use mouse-click view enabled and just right click and move mouse to direct where you go.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:39 PM
Kobold

Starting swimming with any race but iksar is a pain, even swimming in first person like Zanderr suggested is still annoying because you lack maneuverability until higher skill levels. My suggestion: roll an iksar.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:40 PM
Aviak

Aha [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] That works perfectly... I wonder if that's how I did it back then? It's been too long [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks!
Old 03-04-2013, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

page up and page down work to move up and down when not in first person
Old 03-04-2013, 04:42 PM
Kobold

Any suggestions on raising swimming skill quickly? there somewhere where you can swim into a corner or something while you eat lunch? :P
Old 03-04-2013, 04:48 PM
Sarnak

you honestly tried posting your question about swimming on forums, before you zoomed into the first person to see if that would do anything? like the people who sit at kelethin lifts saying "i clicked lift but wont work", because they are so dumb they dont try clicking it more than once. or a guy who sits in a zone for an hour with no druids, spamming "need port really bad" when he can just walk to steamfont or BB druid rings and wait 5 secs for a druid to poof up. some peoples kids.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:57 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithel1988 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you honestly tried posting your question about swimming on forums, before you zoomed into the first person to see if that would do anything? like the people who sit at kelethin lifts saying "i clicked lift but wont work", because they are so dumb they dont try clicking it more than once. or a guy who sits in a zone for an hour with no druids, spamming "need port really bad" when he can just walk to steamfont or BB druid rings and wait 5 secs for a druid to poof up. some peoples kids.
You are correct, I did Honestly come post here before going to First Person view. Why should the two views be any different as far as movement goes? I already use Mouse Look when in 3rd person and it didn't help swimming up and down, so why should I think that it would be different in 1st person view?

I'm just utilizing one of the many resources at my finger tips to get answers to questions. I hope You feel like I wasted your time.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:00 PM
Sarnak

would make a horrible MacGyver
Old 03-04-2013, 05:03 PM
Sarnak

200 swim @ character creation master race

"... I don't think I remember him digging for this long..."

The A-Team

twitch.tv/crexxus
Closed Thread