Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2018, 04:14 PM
Large Rat

Thanks for the feedback guys. I think we are going to give P99 a shot to start. Working on hunting down some EQ Titanium disks now.
Old 03-09-2018, 06:14 PM
Kobold

DBG is doing ANOTHER progression server?!
Old 03-09-2018, 07:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DBG is doing ANOTHER progression server?!
Another cash grab, where you expecting more from a company that doesn't make their own games and just buys ip's to milk them?
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 03-09-2018, 07:32 PM
Sarnak

Every time I log into a newly created TLP, I find some new Live feature that I don't like. It happened with out-of-combat regeneration, with Freeport revamp and now with the Advanced Loot window.
Old 03-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Orc

have they cracked down on MQ use for live progression servers?
Old 03-09-2018, 08:50 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDWV [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah. I second this. I did Agnarr and had a blast through classic. It dies off really quick and I'm back to P99. The live experience is much different. I like the slow burn of P99 better.
I third this, because if Daybreak monitors these forums I don't want them seeing a bunch of "Do p99 because it's free!" and getting their brand ownership panties in a twist.
Old 03-10-2018, 02:21 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's like they've just compressed the joy and tragedy of EverQuest's decline over 19 years into 6-12 months.
This quote says so much for OP to consider.

1.) Do you want the classic long term (2-3 years or more) feel, and are you ok with playing on a server:
  • Where it will be FOREVER* time-locked in Velious (with still Chardok 2.0 revamp to see for the first time on P99
  • Where P99 Server creators/devs/managers have all stated we will NEVER see Luclin, i.e. Cats on the moon, AA's, etc. on this server. *However it has been mentioned that possibilities do exist that they will down the road implement New Custom Content in the Spirit of classic EverQuest. (Classic-linked Planes of Power zones anyone??)
  • Where a great and mostly supportive surrounding community with a realistic amount of players at every range of levels (arguably many more at max level though) still exist to this day. Many people start over characters from scratch even though they may have 2 or 3 max levels with years of raid gear on them to play
  • Where the end game raid scene is very competitive (toxic?) and those who put in the most time, work, and resources get all of the end game raid mobs. Very few "welfare" opportunities for raiding will be found here

or

2.) Do you want a massively overcrowded server on day 1 (You will likely be in a queue for 2+ hours at launch)
  • where you basically have to group (no one solos past like level 5, exp is not worth it. I am not certain, do Duo/Trios even exist on these or is it just totally not worth your while?) To me soloing is important and very relaxing. I cant count how many times I dont want to join a group and just solo farm an item, some plat, or even just exp
  • Where a version of RMT (Real Money Trading) is basically part of the server economy, meaning he who blows the most RL money buying (or farming) DBG Kronos, gets the most toys.
  • Where some of the most toxic people who literally come to these severs only to farm DBG Kronos, and box(there are still ways, even on a "true box" server) an entire group farming the biggest cash camps every expansion.
  • Where MANY who hope to experience POP or LDON basically burns out from the awfulness and lack of any purpose to raiding after they hit Velious/Luclin end games. (Case in point: Agnarr launched May 2017, not even a year later I cant even keep track of how many from P99 left for Agnarr launch and came back since then, Agnarr is barely in Luclin still I think? with Planes of Power launching in April 2018? )

Obviously some of this is bias, but I really went in to detail and gave an honest opinion/viewpoint of what the DBG TLP Servers are like Vs. Project 1999 in its current state.

Good luck OP, may you enjoy EverQuest your way!
Old 03-10-2018, 02:40 AM
Aviak

live progression servers will always be shit. they haven't learned yet after 20 years that all the expansions to the game were its downfall. new live server releases new expansion every 12 weeks meaning that you will never have time to fully enjoy the content.

On live you find that every player has been on there since 2000 or they are less then 1 month. On p99 we have a healthy mix of 1 day olds on up to multi year vets, but due to the way the game works (non instanced dungeons and raids with long / random respawn times) all end up playing mostly happily together, enjoying all the content. On live 90% power through the content never leaving the hot zone path and and then the next expansion drops, while the noobs stagger around blind for a month or 2 then quit. The game content (on live) is only 10% utilized and also players of different categories (noob / vet, casual / hardcore) rarely intermingle with each other or socialize, leaving nearly all zones (even hot zones) feeling empty and dead.

Plenty of ppl have semi valid complaints about p99 of course, but nearly all of them result from being at odds with the way the game was designed to be played.
Last edited by EpicAdventure; 03-10-2018 at 02:55 AM.. Reason: elaboration
Old 03-11-2018, 06:25 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why not both?

Give 'em both a shot, whichever suits you two best stick with.
How do you jump back in to live EQ servers now? Does All Access take care of content you'll encounter? Is it all a download, or is something like Titanium still used as the core file set?

Next question, would it be worth re-activating an old account from nearly 20 years ago, or roll a fresh one?
Old 03-12-2018, 09:08 AM
Banned

Your wife will hate P99 because of how clunky it is - Choose Daybreak
Closed Thread