Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2019, 01:56 PM
Kobold

I was going to edit the OP, but I can't, so I'll just post this here.

Thanks for the reports, everybody! Here's the current state of things:

Known issues we intend to fix:
  • Clip plane settings affect light radius. (Low priority)
  • Dynamic lights can cause FPS loss. (High priority)
  • Corpses show dynamic lights.
  • Nighttime rain makes it easier to see.
  • Dynamic lights can flicker in very crowded areas. (Removal of corpse lights will help)
  • Infra/Ultravision are much too dark in certain indoor areas. (Already fixed locally)
  • Skies and ambient lighting are messed up in several zones, notably Feerott, Toxxulia and Nektulos. (Already fixed locally)

Would love to fix, but probably can't:
  • Baked environment lighting in some city zones is stronger than intended.
  • Infravision red tint on mobs. (Ultravision works fine.)
Last edited by Telin; 10-15-2019 at 02:26 PM..
Old 10-15-2019, 02:40 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by soronil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First off: Great job

Second off: East Karana + Erudite is bugged. Light sources seem to have no effect. Vision enhancers work.

I have an erudite mage.
First image is no items equipped
Second image is summoned:heatstone ( infravision necklace ) equipped. It has same effect in offhand or neck.
Third image is heatstone off, Great Lightstone equipped in secondary. My candle is the same
There's an issue with dynamic lightsources being lost but in my experience it has been due to corpses blowing out the limit. Did this issue persist across the entire zone? What about through login/logout with the GLS already equipped?
Old 10-15-2019, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

Great work blank, this is a like, real great direction I was reallyl bummed at the effects of lanterns on the environment screwing around in low level zones over the last few months on blue, and this is so much better than I expected its like, a whole new game, but in like a SUPER great way. Like I feel like its just what the almighty brad intended. Thanks for this!
Old 10-15-2019, 02:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlankDiploma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's an issue with dynamic lightsources being lost but in my experience it has been due to corpses blowing out the limit. Did this issue persist across the entire zone? What about through login/logout with the GLS already equipped?
It was all zones...

I found out it was because before the patch i did /dyn off
which sets (i guess)
ShowDynamicLights=FALSE

The client hack you guys did to not allow "dyn" command means that i could not turn it back on in game. had to edit eqclient.ini.

Perhaps you guys should find a way to ACTUALLY force dynamic lighting to be on, instead of the current client hack that just prevents it from being changed.
Old 10-15-2019, 02:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great work blank, this is a like, real great direction I was reallyl bummed at the effects of lanterns on the environment screwing around in low level zones over the last few months on blue, and this is so much better than I expected its like, a whole new game, but in like a SUPER great way. Like I feel like its just what the almighty brad intended. Thanks for this!
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by soronil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was all zones...

I found out it was because before the patch i did /dyn off
which sets (i guess)
ShowDynamicLights=FALSE

The client hack you guys did to not allow "dyn" command means that i could not turn it back on in game. had to edit eqclient.ini.

Perhaps you guys should find a way to ACTUALLY force dynamic lighting to be on, instead of the current client hack that just prevents it from being changed.
OOPS

Thank you for the report! That certainly explains it. I will make sure this gets addressed.

(For the record, I was under the impression that /dyn off and turning off "advanced lighting" in the options were the same thing - apparently they are not. Advanced lighting is properly forced on but /dyn off was an oversight.)
Old 10-15-2019, 03:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A reddish tint for all colors with infravision, blue or violet for ultravision.

The tint is classic. However you wont get mobs or items turning completely "red" or "blue" as the original question suggests.
I think Eyes of the Cat spell gave a greenish tint to things, I have no proof. Only a vague memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Man I have spent a lot of time this month on blue in the qeynos noobie yards and the lanterns did not even affect the ground, this change has made the game SO MUCH MORE beautiful this is quite a view:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlankDiploma;2985901
[SIZE="5"
Would love to fix, but probably can't:
[/SIZE]
  • Baked environment lighting in some city zones is stronger than intended.
  • Infravision red tint on mobs. (Ultravision works fine.)
Thanks for doing what you have already done. The vision is just something some of us remember. The titanium client can only do so much.
Old 10-15-2019, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

Why do those decaying skeletons look like the Luclin models??
Old 10-15-2019, 04:24 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlankDiploma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just tested that same area on green beta with a fresh human character and my starting candle. Everything works the way I expect it to. Are you using /dyn off, or toggling advanced lighting in the options?

That spot will never be fully dark due to the light bouncing from the city lamps behind you, but my personal light source certainly illuminates it like I expect.
My dynamic lighting may be off. Some people told me turning it off would make it possible to see in Kael a few weeks ago. I have no idea how to toggle advanced lighting. I don't see that in the options menu.

So I just logged into blue, turned on dynamic lighting, and then jumped back on green and that fixed my issues. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Question though, is there any reason to restrict people from being able to turn on/off dynamic lighting? It seems to me (in my limited experimentation) that it is all negative if it is off. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does....does that WHO button work, Danth????
Yes it is functional.
Old 10-15-2019, 05:59 PM
Kobold

I made a human female Mage, when equipping the worn candle and later a fire Beetle eye, there was no change to the light source around me. It appears they weren't working as a light source?
I can provide screen shots later if needed.
Edit - this may be due to dynamic lighting being turned off, I will test later and report back
Last edited by Cillaz; 10-15-2019 at 06:02 PM..
Old 10-15-2019, 06:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cillaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I made a human female Mage, when equipping the worn candle and later a fire Beetle eye, there was no change to the light source around me. It appears they weren't working as a light source?
I can provide screen shots later if needed.
Have you previously disabled dynamic lighting via /dyn off? Several people have reported the same issue in this thread and that wound up being the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Question though, is there any reason to restrict people from being able to turn on/off dynamic lighting? It seems to me (in my limited experimentation) that it is all negative if it is off. :P
I agree with you and I am going to bring this up with the devs. We THOUGHT it needed to be forced on because it would allow people to lock the time of day at noon and thus completely ignore night blindness, but that wound up not being true.
Closed Thread