Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 02:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachtMystium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was just an I with 14 L's. I truly didn't even realize the name til I got drunk and made a char. named Illomen and saw that the "Ill" was just vertical bars. I was like "oh neat". I made a character named Illllllllll.

It was weird cause it really pissed a lot of people off who were just passerby's, what is that character trait where names like this piss people(asspies/incels) off so much?
shocker: people react negatively to antisocial behavior
Old 10-10-2017, 02:30 PM
Banned

i Blame the Incels
Old 10-10-2017, 02:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
shocker: people react negatively to antisocial behavior
Is anyone surprised at how Pokesan is reacting? I think we all knew for a long time that he's been humping pillows for a while now
Old 10-10-2017, 02:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachtMystium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is anyone surprised at how Pokesan is reacting? I think we all knew for a long time that he's been humping pillows for a while now
nice waifuphobia shitlord
Old 10-10-2017, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Lots of people have body pillows, doesn't mean they hump them. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-10-2017, 03:01 PM
Sarnak

After Pokesan's grandmother kicked the bucket, he was finally relieved of living in the back-room of his childhood friend who is a convicted sex offender.
After he was all settled in, he took a deep breath and said to himself "I think I'm gonna like it here"
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-10-2017, 03:07 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
4.16 The Project 1999 Naming Policy

Character names in EverQuest should be thematically consistent with the high-fantasy environment of EverQuest. These guidelines apply both forenames and surnames, and also to the combination produced by a forename and surname. (For example, the first name Clint and the last name Eastwood are both acceptable names separately, but Clint Eastwood is not.)

The server staff can, in accordance with all described rules and ultimate discretion, provide assistance with surname changes, including names with multiple capital letters and/or a single accent grave (`). Examples of this are Kirn V`Last, Harl McTarnigal, Leeza MacTeagan.

The server staff will be happy to change your surnames on request, however we will not provide forename changes unless the name violates the naming policy.

The following names are considered unacceptable.

- Vile, profane, rude, or racist names including common swear words, anatomical references, racial slurs, and homonyms of these words.
- Combinations of words that produce an offensive result (e.g. Hugeazz, Tug Mcgroin).
- Names of religious, occult, or significant historic origin (e.g. Jesus, Allah, Satan, Stalin).
- Copyrighted or trademarked names of products, characters, services, or concepts (e.g. Bigmac, Marlboro, Sony).
- Names from popular media. These names can be either fictional (e.g. Rambo, Darthvader) or non-fictional (e.g. Garth Brooks, Pierce Brosnan, George Washington, Michael Jordan).
- Common words and phrases that would not be found in the time, place and setting of EverQuest (e.g. Switchblade, Phaser, Toaster, Cannabis).
- Proper names from EverQuest (e.g. Rathe, Karana). This also includes the first or last name of any significant EverQuest NPC (e.g. Dorn, Trumpy, Karn).
- The names of past or current Customer Support Representatives or developers of Project 1999 (e.g. Nilbog, Rogean, Derubael, Sirken).
- Names chosen with the intent or possessed with the effect of harming the reputation of a player or Customer Service Representative.
- Forenames containing titles within them, such as, but not limited to: The, Lord, Lady, Master, King, Knight, Sir, Father (e.g. Sirtallon, Lordeagle, Mothermaggy, Darksister).
- Names that contain sentences (Ikillorcs), phrases (Ontop), or two or more words that do not form descriptive compound words (Petcarbob, Diediedie and Tablechair).
- Descriptive compound words are allowed in first names and are encouraged in surnames (e.g. Treehugger, Giantslayer).
- Descriptive compound words (each separate part of the word and the entire word) must otherwise adhere to all other naming rules.
- Fantasy-oriented names which are easily recognized from popular existing media (e.g. Merlin, Gandalf, Drizzt).
- Names where the combination of the first and last name forms a phrase or violate a previous rule (e.g. Crymea River, Bran Muffin, Story Thyme).
- For all of the above, misspellings and alternative spellings (such as spelling it backwards) of the word or words are also unacceptable.
- For all of the above, any foreign variations are also unacceptable. If a player petitions a name he or she feels is offensive in a foreign language, all rules set forth shall be applied.
- Above all else, you may not choose character or guild name which, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Project 1999 Customer Service Staff, is deemed to be offensive or improper.
I feel like half the druids and mules on P99 would need name changes if these were enforced.

If I report Stockmarket or Warrrenbuffet will I get my own rage thread?
Old 10-10-2017, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Imagine seeing that troll name WTB/WTS an item, or needing a rez then trying to contact him via a tell?

TL;DR

"Barcode" names are dumb.
As someone who regularly tries to contact people when I see an active timer on their corpse... I give it a few tries (based on my BAC at the time) and then give up.

-Mcoy
Old 10-11-2017, 11:39 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
How does the name Illllllllllllll break any rules in the naming policy? I just went through it and don't see how this name is unacceptable. Why do the GMs cherry pick on the naming policy when I see all kinds of weed names and all other kinds of blatant rule violations, which I have no problem with, but it's stupid that they just choose which ones they want to enforce.

Also whoever reported me you're a loser and I'm sorry you have a micro penis
Of all the whimsical rulings and rule enforcement, the staff is perhaps the most capricious on the naming policy. While naming violations probably don't rank very high on their list of things to do, it's funny when they quote the naming post, because the rules should really just say - 'Above all else, you may not choose a character or guild name which, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Project 1999 Customer Service Staff, is deemed to be offensive or improper according to their mood that day.'

There's 4 or 5 names that I've petitioned occasionally as an experiment for over two years that are blatant violations and have never been changed even though both the character and staff are online - the petition just disappears. The key seems to be to get to 60 as fast as possible, join a major raiding guild, and/or be chummy with the staff, because they'll be less apt to change your name when those conditions are met. To your average player it's really just a roll of the dice. I've never had a naming issue myself, but I've seen some very borderline names get changed over the years while blatant violators that are petitioned multiple times never get touched. If you have to question whether the name you're about to use might be in violation, then know you're rolling the dice.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:49 AM
Banned

The Project 1999 naming policy
The following types of names are considered unacceptable:

Forenames containing titles within them, such as, but not limited to: The, Lord, Lady, Master, King, Knight, Sir, Father (e.g. Sirtallon, Lordeagle, Mothermaggy, Darksister).

Sirken
Sir Ken
ken
KEN
SIR KEN
Closed Thread