Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2019, 09:03 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are dozens of servers that feature classic content with non classic UIs and mechanics why go to the one server that is trying to be different and rant about how they should make their server just like every other classic-lite box? P2002, TAKP, P99 Blue and Daybreak TLP are all just a click away.
Let me know if any of those suggestions have
A) more than 500 players peak time
B) are currently going through a progression starting at EQC where each expansion is released about 1 year apart
C) no custom content
D) unaccelerated XP gains and starting at level 1

None of the servers you mentioned meet all of those requirements. I don't want to play on a PoP server or a dead server. If there was a fitting alternative, I'd be playing already.

The better point is why is it not optional? Let the people who have hard ons for classic use it. Any reasonable person would make it optional so that those who really really want it EXACTLY as it was can feel free to do so, and those that would prefer a slightly more readable and configurable UI can do that as well. Make it the default even, and you gotta go out of your way to get the Blue UI.