Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2019, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Jensen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aside from an infrequent royals raid, noone was there on the Rathe. Perhaps you have better firsthand knowledge than me. Or perhaps you didn't even play back then and you take the incessant ramblings of clueless people on Allakazam as gospel.
I actually played day 1 of release and through Luclin, having a brief step away during Kunark but came back before Velious. Find it funny people knock ZAM comments all the time about 'no clue nerds' but then on the backhand use it for evidence. As with anything you use your judgement and find corroborating evidence of it where you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Idk the king is a few feet away and dropped a bis item in kunark, it's not that crazy to think the guys who designed chardok put another extremely rare bis item deep in it's depths. Holding kino down in era for something that rare would have been wildly difficult, certainly difficult enough to go unnoticed or unreported. Also all of your evidence points to the fact that they did drop, nothing shows that it was a later addition with a balance patch or that it didn't drop originally, that's all just ppl speculating which sounds like pretty poor classic questing.
I think people forget the scope of all the servers that were available. Its not like P99 where there is 1 populated server farming or exploring. There were like 20? 30? 40? at the time, don't know the exact numbers. But that is a lot of data to capture.

There could be evidence out there elsewhere (one way or the other), but unfortunately nearly every EQ message board used EZ boards which don't allow wayback links.